New to this - need some help

Posted Thu 20 Oct 2016 14.31 by jkl

Hi all Need some advice. My Psoriasis (which I now have severely on the fronts of both legs and less so but certainly noticeable on my arms) has really flared up in the last month or so. I live in the North of England and it's been the change of season here (very hot to very cold) which I've been attributing the flare ups to. I've had Psoriasis since my mid 20s but only on elbows. In the last 5 years or so it's really spread. I also have Dermatitis on one ear - pretty bad. Were it not for Daktacourt, the right ear would look like a Ryvita! Was referred to a Dermatologist but he said that at my size (yes to compound the Psoriasis, I'm well over 20 stone and to make things even worse, I'm very low vision). I couldn't make this up if I tried!), the "treatment" is some sort of poison which at my size would have to be administered in industrial quantities which has knock-on effects for internal organs and general health. I can't have UV treatment as I have very white skin. I'm not suicidal - or even anywhere near. I'm on QV emolient for normal, Dovabet gel for flare ups but neither really get the itching down. Can someone suggest anything I should be using? My dermatologist signed me off because the drugs were keeping things at bay. Now they seem not to be. I'll try anything - even moving to a new climate if that would help. Anyone know if cold / wet or warm sunny is best for Psoriasis? Cheers

To take part, sign in or register with us