Bloke needing nail varnish advice

Posted Thu 27 Oct 2016 15.27 by Simon

Hi everyone! I've been diagnosed with Psoriasis by my GP and am waiting for my Dermatology appointment but I've still got 5 weeks to go!!! In the meantime I have 4 fingernails that are shaded between black and yellow and people have started to notice. Tired of pretending I've hit them with a hammer I was wondering if anyone could suggest something I can cover them with for now? Any and all suggestions welcome and appreciated Simon

Posted Mon 31 Oct 2016 18.54 by Peter W
Plaque psoriasis (on and off) since mid 1970s

Hi Simon, Don't know what to suggest! The obvious answer would be nail varnish, of course (I guess you can get in in "fingernail" colour, but I have no experience of wearing it - honest !) . However, i don't know ho that might react with the psoriasis. You could try asking a pharmacist, or your GP, I suppose - men should be allowed to have nice nails as well as women, so be bold! Hope you find an answer. Peter

Posted Thu 3 Nov 2016 20.55 by Era1981
35 year old nail psoriasis sufferer

Hi, I used to tell people I had trapped my fingers in a car door but it gets a bit tired after a while! My nail psoriasis comes and goes on my hands and I've found using a thin layer of nail whitener helps to disguise it and still appear natural. A bit of matte clear varnish over the top will keep it from chipping. Hope that helps! Cheers, Ed

To take part, sign in or register with us