My psoriasis has changed? Help to identify if you can please

Posted Thu 17 Nov 2016 21.43 by Dawnadamson1984 (edited Fri 18 Nov 2016 15.22 by Dawnadamson1984)
32 years old and suffered with psoriasis since sitting my exams in school

After a recent flare up my psoriasis has changed. Previously I had plaque p which was bad with cracking, bleeding etc but it has now changed. It's now deep red/purple. No scales. The pain is god awful. The heat that eminates from it is horrendous. It doesn't look dry and isn't raised like spots. It swells though. It also peels very thin layers but in big sections. For instance a section peeled away on my back and it was slightly smaller than an a4 piece of paper. Anyone any ideas at all? Thanks in advance

Posted Thu 17 Nov 2016 22.51 by Peter3357

Hi Dawnadamson, I had plaque psoriasis on elbows and knees since I was 15 (40 years ago) I now have Guttate psoriasis all over legs and hips for 9 months now, I am sorry to say but it sounds very like you now have guttate psoriasis, Guttate Psoriasis becomes very hot and raised during flare ups then skin peels, I may be wrong so you are better to have a diagnoses with a dermatologist to be 100% sure. I have tried numerous creams and potions etc, some times it clears and you think it has gone, but it comes back again with a vengeance. It cleared totally 2 over months ago when I was on holiday in Dominican Republic but alas was back home for week and it returned with a vengeance. When I was diagnosed with guttate doctor told me not to get stressed, I find it very hard not to get stressed with Psoriasis. Have noticed if I am stressed Psoriasis flares up badly and is very hot and raised. I sympathise with you and hope your Psoriasis clears up. Peter.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 2016 15.20 by Dawnadamson1984

I've had guttate psoriasis before as well but this is different. This isn't raised at all apart from swelling in my feet sometimes. The worse part is the pain. I'm under dermatology now and is much better with taking otleza tablets and instellar foam. I forgot to ask at dermatology as I was just happy to be receiving something different treatment wise. I have pictures of it at it's worse and it looks like I've been severely burned but I can't see a way to upload for you to see. I've googled every picture under the sun and can't seem to find anything that looks similar xx thanks very much for your help x

Posted Fri 18 Nov 2016 15.24 by Dawnadamson1984

I'm also quite a stress head peter. My p started when sitting exams in school. 21 years now. Thanks for your well wishes, fingers crossed one day we will no longer have to suffer

To take part, sign in or register with us