Bedtime

Posted Fri 18 Nov 2016 11.34 by John394

Why is the itching one hundred times worse at bedtime? From being a mainly mild irritant during the day the itching becomes a nightmare when I go to bed preventing getting to sleep for hours.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 2016 14.31 by CanadianVal
I am sure that all the drugs I have been on have affected my health in other ways.I also suffer from extreme itch and I am tired of people c

I also have a terrible time trying to sleep with this horrible itch. Sometimes I scratch myself raw during the night yet do not seem to bothered from itching during the day. I have cut my fingernails very short to try to help with the scratching but still manage to scratch at night. I have tried many kinds of lotions and creams but none seem to help. I am sorry I can't help you but I hope there is someone out there that can help both of us.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 2016 14.39 by Ali

I've found that when my skin gets itchy at night, it also feels very hot. In sane moments I remember to get out of bed and run cold water on a facecloth that I gently pat over my skin to cool it then I apply a cream... in insane moments I scratch like crazy, doesn't matter how short my nails are. Hope this helps :)

Posted Mon 21 Nov 2016 11.22 by Fogo

I suspect that the itchiness occurs because you are warm. I take an antihistamine tablet and that often works. Also, a cool shower before bedtime helps as well.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 2016 12.24 by Ali

Yes, I agree, I take Fenergan when I don't have to get up early as it helps me to sleep - but only half a tab as they are too strong for me and I oversleep. The bedtime shower hasn't helped as I wake around 3am

To take part, sign in or register with us