Psoriasis under control after 30 years without steroids

Posted Mon 21 Nov 2016 23.51 by Agesi

Hi I am Agesi and I have had psoriasis for 30 years and have gone through every scenario, I have tried many steroids and also alternative treatments without much success until a few years ago. Well few years ago I stopped all medication and have tried healing my body and mind with good diet, regulate stress and have good sleep. I feel the most important thing is the body is so full of toxins that it causes psoriasis, it is a sign to take control and nurse it back to goodness. I believe diet and eating very little processed food and drinking water is extremely important, controlling stress and your mental health is also needed for healing and having enough sleep is also vital. I know everyone has different circumstances and is going through their issues that best suit their situation and I know this is a condition that is chronic and long term, I am no expert or doctor but from my own suffering and experience with so many years and it has not been easy but I can say that I have had some relief in the last year. I was once 90% covered I am now 80% clear. I am not on any miracle drug just using vaseline. I am happy to give advice to anyone and also happy to meet up. I live in London. I am grateful for my husband and 3 daughters for loving me unconditionally, they have supported me to finally realise that this dreaded condition as awful as it is can be controlled, having P has taught me to appreciate and love unconditionally and not judge anyone. I always try to find the positive in everything and live with my p. I wish everyone here all the best, however you cope God willing you will find a way to control and live a happy life. God bless.

Posted Thu 24 Nov 2016 11.03 by listenfriend

Hi Agesi, Congratulations on getting your Psoriasis under control! I have started up a group, where people with Psoriasis can discuss their experiences and share information about what diets have worked for them. Come along if you are based in London. Our next meeting is on Sunday 24 November. https://www.meetup.com/Psoriasis-Alternative-Treatments-London-Discussion-Group/ Best wishes, David

Posted Thu 24 Nov 2016 13.54 by Agesi

Hi David, Thanks, I am grateful for the invite and it sounds great, I will visit your page and hopefully come along on Sunday. Thanks Cheers Agesi

Posted Fri 2 Dec 2016 10.15 by nicky

Wow, thats such an uplifting post, thankyou I am only recently diagnosed but have been researching and stress/sleep etc seems to be a big part of psoariasis so am looking at changing my lifestyle/diet, I have also cut out alcohol which has surprised a few people but hopefully healthy lifestyle = healthy body :) x

Posted Fri 2 Dec 2016 10.45 by listenfriend

Hi Nicky, Well done for giving up alcohol. I did too when I first got Psoriasis and I found it was a big help in getting it under control. If you are interested in taking supplements, I find Omega 3 fish oils also help to reduce symptons. David

Posted Wed 7 Dec 2016 16.06 by VWAPLady
Retired ex university employee now focused on writing, photography and oil painting.

It would be good to meet up with any sufferers who live in Herts, Beds and Bucks. Anyone out there?

Posted Tue 13 Dec 2016 10.36 by RJRCR
PSO diagnosed last year. Battling this.

Hey! I am new to this site and was diagnosed with PSO last year after a very stressful period in my life. Could I maybe contact you regarding your healing plan? I I would love to talk with you about how you've controlled it so effectively without steroids! Look forward to hearing from you.

Posted Fri 23 Dec 2016 21.18 by Agesi

Hi RJRCR, sorry I was out of the country. Please post a contact email and I can get in touch. I am happy to share, discuss and hopefully it maybe useful to you. Merry Christmas to all. Cheers Agesi

To take part, sign in or register with us