I'm so sick of it

Posted Sat 17 Dec 2016 23.25 by Jules
Hi I'm jules I've had psoriasis for 23 years I consider myself pretty and cover it well

I've had psoriasis for 23 years, I'm 41 I don't think I look it lol or so I'm told,I constantly diet, get my hair done and eyelashes but I can't hide my fucking patches, Ive had enough of it I've tried everything, nothing ever works

Posted Sat 17 Dec 2016 23.49 by Jules
Hi I'm jules I've had psoriasis for 23 years I consider myself pretty and cover it well

Also if it wasn't for my love of heavy metal I don't think I'd be here I hate my patches so much, so much xx

Posted Mon 19 Dec 2016 18.43 by Eileen

Hi Jules. I have tried a product just launched online inthe UK called Soratinex. I think it's brilliant. Google it. E

Posted Wed 21 Dec 2016 19.14 by Beldy

Hiya fellow sufferers. It's awful and is hard to live with it whatever the scale, excuse the pun. My legs are covered and I try say to myself stop feeling sorry for yourself, doesn't work. No creams work. Sleep I have noticed helps, I'm a bad sleeper but am now unemployed, more stress I've time to try sleep. I've done the light treatment and it worked that was 4 years ago. Last year I bought a uvb bed. I only used it once. Now things hsve got extremely bad I'm starting to use it. Im a bit burnt so I need to lay off it for a couple of days. I so wish there was a cure. I refuse to take medication.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 2016 19.25 by Eileen

soratinex is a gel/ cream/oil treatment and is steroid free. Only drawback is the cost but very good

Posted Thu 12 Jan 2017 16.28 by olivermorgan (edited Thu 12 Jan 2017 19.42 by olivermorgan)
I have had psoriasis since I was 9.

I think heavy metal is probably the most effective treatment. I've had visible patches since I was a kid - I've tried everything and nothing works for ever. I just try to ignore it now - I am convinced that nobody notices the paitches or flakes if I refuse to acknowledge their existence. I hope you feel better soon - keep rocking!

Posted Thu 12 Jan 2017 17.36 by amani

I had mild plaque psoriasis for 9years..but recently it's become worse.. I couldn't sleep well. my chest pain sometimes. hurmm. I do lot of research about this diseases. I try every single treatment I could. sometimes it work but not for a long time. I feel so frustrated with my self.. why me..=(

Posted Sat 14 Jan 2017 16.53 by kitten123

I know the feeling, i had my consultation again the other day and even though I was very distraught, the consultant wasn't vey compassionate. I have had severe psoriasis for 4 years now (not long in comparison to some people) and I feel like giving up as nothing works. I have been given a new lotion now (coal tar) and I can hardly walk, sit, sleep, it just dries is so much its so sore and cracks, what is the point???? I start light treatment again soon (on waiting list) I just want some relief.... Someone suggested clinical trials, I am seriously considering it

Posted Sun 15 Jan 2017 13.47 by Sarah-b1

Hi, I have had psoriasis for about 20 years only on elbows and knees. Over the last year it has appeared on my soles and palms. Dr's have said it's all sorts of things from fungal to goute. I have done so much research has and I believe it's ppp. I work and am on my feet 8 hours a night. I'm finding life really hard atm, no creams help, lack of sleep, itching. To say it's only a skin disease is rubbish. This is affecting my mental health. I'm finding that Dr's and dermatologists are not very helpful or understanding. Quality of life at an all time low. Has anyone found anything that actually works x

Posted Sun 15 Jan 2017 17.05 by amani

i just bought virgin coconut oil from lazada. just try to push my luck. it says we could drink or apply on the effected area. epo & omega 3 couldn't help anymore.. I spent almost thousand this couple of month for supplement & cream. wasting =(

Posted Sun 15 Jan 2017 20.33 by michelle373
I have had psoriasis for 24 years.

I've recently tried the new product Enstilar I have psoriasis all over me but now I'm almost clear it's the best thing I've ever tried and I've tried almost everything! I now feel so much better about myself I know it can really get you down hope it helps you too.x

Posted Mon 16 Jan 2017 07.05 by amani

hi Michelle373, is that cream contain steroid?

Posted Mon 16 Jan 2017 13.26 by gingermonkey
For several years...drives me mad but won't bring me down.

Yes it does. Check out the enstilar thread on the forums. Lots of support and information - it works very well for most people that have tried it.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 2017 17.36 by michelle373
I have had psoriasis for 24 years.

Hi amani yes it does but once it started to clear about a week I only use it every so often and moisturise every day I use doublebase it has certainly worked for me and worth a go using sensibly.

Posted Thu 4 Oct 2018 03.05 by Amanda0115

My psoriasis is getting worse. Feel like I'm losing my mind - absolutely nothing works. No matter what products I use, there is never any difference. I've tried dozens and dozens of different cleansers, moisturizers and BP products. Can anyone please recommend a product I've not tried? Something new?

Posted Thu 4 Oct 2018 03.31 by Emily16

@Amanda0115 Relax, I know exactly what you’re going through. I suffer from mild to sometimes moderate psoriasis. But this summer it was so bad. For the last past four months, I’ve tried everything and nothing was working (just making my skin worse). So I stopped and tried this CBD oil brand https://bit.ly/2D9bX36 It took about 3 weeks until I started seeing results. Good luck.

Posted Fri 5 Oct 2018 15.15 by Kay

Hay has anyone tried udder cream. Its supposed to be a natural antiinflammatory cream

Posted Fri 5 Oct 2018 18.00 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Mon 8 Oct 2018 13.19 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Kay: do you mean MooGoo? Many people have tried it, some say it is amazing, some ,ike me saw no benefit. As for being "natural", here is the ingredients list: Aqua (H2O's Fancy Name), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera), Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Based Emulsifying Wax), Streaic Acid (Thickener), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Piroctone Olamine (Olamine Salt), Polysorbate 60 (Food Grade Emulsifier), Allantoin, Guar , Hydrolysed Milk Protein (For Skin Elasticity), Oatmeal Fragrance (Phthalate-Free), Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract. I guess it can depend on what some people mean by the term "natural".

Posted Mon 15 Oct 2018 13.22 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

I hate my psoriasis too.......though I must confess ( and I can't be the only one ) that there is a certain perverse pleasure in 'descaling' oneself.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 2018 09.13 by badger07

Hi all I've suffered from both rosacea and psoriasis for 30 plus years. It affects legs, back hair face, ears etc I recently have been taking 1/2 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar twice a day in a large mug of water. This seems to be my tolerance limit as any more brings on acid reflux and acid indigestion (you don't want this as you will have to stop and then symptoms return). I take it with cold water as this numbs taste a little ( hot water seems to activate the acid and seems to attack teeth (or it feels that way)). It doesn't seem to matter if I take normal supermarket version or organic with the mother versions, both seem equally effective, I personally prefer the taste of either Sainburys or Aldi's own brands. The Result seems to be affected by skin thickness so thin skin areas like ankles cleared first, scaling sites of 72 mm by 100mm on both ankles cleared with normal skin replacing lesions. This was slowly followed by the rest of the body healing, the scalp (hair) and face are the slowest to react but even those are slowly returning to healthy skin. its taken 12 weeks so far but every day I notice improvements. Both my GP and dermatologist are dismissive and non supportive but don't lose heart remember these professionals admit they don't know what causes both rosacea and psoriasis and that their currently is no NHS cure for it. I only really care that it definitely works for me and I just pray that its effectiveness doesn't ever wear off. Hope this helps and that it works for you, If you try it and it works for you do report it on the forum pages and lobby the Research Committee to fund a formal trial. Best wishes Badger07

To take part, sign in or register with us