Suncream

Posted Mon 16 Jan 2017 09.07 by Roland

I am going on a Caribbean Cruise in a few weeks and was wondering about suncream. Which one do you use? is there one with an inbuilt moisturiser and no perfume? Would you moisturise and then apply suncream and then apply your cream (I'm on Dovobet) at night! A lot of my Psoriasis looks and feels like sunburn already so I will have to be extra careful! Any help will be appreciated

Posted Sat 21 Jan 2017 19.30 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Before anyone can advise you, we need to know the SPF you intend to use, because the protection factor will have a major influence on the cream's formulation.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 2017 00.25 by Roland

Mt Dermatologist has recommended Sun Sense Sensitive, I will get some and report back after my hols.

Posted Sun 26 Feb 2017 13.29 by Roland

Been to the Caribbean for two weeks and that will be my last holiday in the sun unless my Psoriasis improves substantially! The Sun Sense Sensitive has what they call a tint which is very much like a concealer and really helped tone down the redness of my skin so I wasn't as embarrassed by it but it is a very thick cream that you have to really rub hard to apply, this did more harm that good and my psoriasis got worse so I stopped using it and just kept out of the sun. Useful for small areas but not for whole body use, if you have psoriasis all over your body like I have then the options are to cover up or not go in the sun at all!

Posted Mon 6 Mar 2017 22.53 by Norm

I’m off to the Caribbean soon and I have always used P20 as my sunscreen, Works a treat for a fair skinned redhead. Unfortunately I have developed psoriasis on my arms and currently use calcipotriol ointment which certainly keeps it under control. My question is should I use my sunscreen before applying the calcipotriol or after.

Posted Mon 6 Mar 2017 23.21 by Roland

My dermatologist said to use the sun cream in the morning and then put my ointment on in the evening not both together.

Posted Mon 6 Mar 2017 23.25 by Norm

That makes sense and would probably work for the week I’m out there but I normally use my ointment twice daily, mornings and evenings. I’ll report back on how it works. Thanks.

Posted Tue 7 Mar 2017 11.44 by Roland

I am using Dovobet which contains calcipotriol and only have to apply it once a day.

To take part, sign in or register with us