Covered from head to toe please help!

Posted Wed 3 May 2017 10.01 by orangepeel

Mrsbluesky Hi Like many others here I have suffered for decades however just last week I heard about Enstilar foam and one week today of using it and all the plaques have disappeared within 3 days and only left with light redness which is continuing to recede. Also one week of using Aveeno moisturiser and body wash for my scalp with great success. My skin is so smooth and feels soft to the touch. Feeling much happier 80% reduced itching and pain.. Can't recommend you to try this enough. Check out the Enstilar foam forum. Good luck x

Posted Wed 3 May 2017 15.06 by sue

Hello.

Posted Thu 4 May 2017 07.34 by jane287

Hi I've had psoriasis since I was young, on and off. As I've got older it seems to be worse, Ive used the Enstilar foam but that didn't work for me, changed diet everything. My husband bought natura-derm, pots are small but it works, and it works well. I'm not sure where he got it from and he's not here now to ask, but just had a google and they have a website, natura-derm.com

Posted Thu 4 May 2017 20.55 by Sam-stuart

Hi All, I have just registered today. I have suffered from guttate psorarsis since I have been 5 and I'm now 30years old. I got treatment at the hospital when I was teenager. Over the years, I have had 3-4 courses of light treatment, it worked wonders. However, within a couple of months it all comes back. I get it on my scalp very bad and can take 1-2 hours to put it on and cover every bit. I went back to the dermatologist and prescribed methotrexate. It has cleared my skin well, but I have suffered severely from the side effects and have had to come off them. Extreme nausea, dizziness, blurred vision. I was told that it effects very few people, so hopefully it doesn't effect anyone you would like to try it. It is making me feel very low and people can't really understand who don't suffer themselves and thought it would be a good idea to sign up on this and we can relate to one another and help each other. I have been informed that infra-red saunas are meant to be really good. I'm going to I start some sessions and will report back to see if it works!

Posted Mon 18 Sep 2017 15.18 by marianbessie

Good afternoon,I thought I would share my son's experience with you and some advice...His diagnosis led him to the usual medications and chemo after all his nails and hair fell out.his weight due to mainly and sedentary existance went from approx 11 st to 20 st. He made a decision to throw out all and I mean all of his meds because, the after effects were so bad. His wife(they live in Singapore) and he decided diet had to be the only path left.So out went wheat sugar dairy...2 years later he is now 12 st mainly painfree running marathons(last one was this weekend) he flew to Sydney to run over the bridge. whilst it would be irresponsible to recommend throwing out doctor advice..i must say as his Mum he is Now"living" not existing

Posted Tue 19 Sep 2017 23.10 by Sargod

Hi Slipit1 I also have just developed Psoriasis at the age of 49! I blame the Menopause. I have severe Plaque psoriasis all over but my scalp is horrendous. But my Dermatologist prescribed Enstilar foam and it is doing a great job. It is a weird foam as it is really greasy so not very pleasant and you have to leave it on overnight, but it is worth it. My scalp is horrendous, so flaky and scaly, so hard to go out and be comfortable because always thinking about lumps of skin breaking off!!

Posted Thu 21 Sep 2017 12.09 by Slipit1

Hi Sargod, I have finally come to grips with the fact that I will have this and can manage it going forward I guess it's scary in the beginning when you're not sure what it is and then you think you'll never be able to get it under control I found that coconut oil warm it up in the microwave 3 nights a week with a 1% steroid lotions has kept it manageable for me on my scalp I have been using a 5% steroid ointment on my arms the only issue that I have is the areas where the patches get smaller and then become a small bump from my immune system working overtime in that area. This summer proved to me that son definitely helps keep the patches smaller or helps hide them I went to Tufts Medical Center in Boston where they have a hole psoriasis and skin disorder treatment center and didn't get any better results that my local dermatologist in fact I was prescribed light treatments and or a medication internally that suppresses the immune system which I opted not to go that route I tried the light treatment once for 15 seconds and paid ridiculous money and found no better results. What are you doing for the rest of your body?

Posted Sun 24 Sep 2017 21.33 by Col182

Hello :) I'm totally new to this site, I'm lucky to say I don't suffer with psoriasis on my knees,elbows , hands or feet but my whole torso, ears, face and scalp is terrible and particularly bad at the moment and don't even know where to start with treatments. I've suffered with this since I was 8 now 26 and just triggered one day. I've tried everything I can think of with diet/ creams etc. I don't feel supported by the hospital as I went for the injection (unsure what it's called) as I suffer with arthritis and over active joints. My gp was all for it but due to me not currently having inflamed joints the idea was scrapped. Is there anything out there for me? I don't know anyone with psoriasis and only know what I'm told by my doctor really.. I've tried changing my diet, t total and creams/treatments yet nothing works longer than a week. It just comes back with a vengeance.. my eyes are even being effected as I'm using steroids on my face as I can't bare the pain on my eyes and face it even looking at the state of it if I don't use it but I'm not being offered anything else that I can use on my face.. I use the sunbeds but even that has got to a point where it's becoming stubborn. I'm just so sick of it, I've accepted I've got it. But just so tired of fighting a losing battle and all I want todo is just to wear something nice where it's not there winking at me all the time.. or flakes all over my car seat.. or compulsively picking and pulling my hair out! I've just had it and just don't feel there is a lot of options :( Thank you for reading

Posted Tue 26 Sep 2017 09.58 by jamuk

Important! please read the whole post. Hello, I have had a nagging itchy ear problem for about 6 /7 years.I think I picked it up swimming in the sea local, unfortunately in the British isles the water authorities have been very slow to stop sewage discharge into the sea. it's still used as storm overflow. Anyway my point, I have been to the doctors 4 or 5 occasions and nothing he gave me seemed to work permanently. I would use germolene on a cotton bud when it got to bad and that would relieve it for a while. For the last 3/4 years this itching has been moving down my face, it feels like a creeping itch? it doesn't present itself and you wouldnt notice anything except maybe up really close THE NUB I am of an age where my hair is thinning and going grey, I am too young for this to happen to me, so i have been looking for something to combat the problem. I researched the ingredients of many of the shelf products! I also checked out natural remedies including youtube and came accross the following. Butterfly Pea Butterfly Pea benefits hair growth by providing nutrients that induce not only hair growth, but also hair colour, especially effective with black hair. Soapberry Soapberry is ancient healing remedies for eczema, psoriasis and itchy skin, Prevent dandruff, induce hair and scalp healthy, promote hair growth. Well I sent off for the RAW basic herb and nut, I blitzed both herbs in a coffee bean grinder and added them to boiled water, put them in a plastic bottle next to the sink and use the mixture on my face, ear and hair. The itchy face and ear that plagued me for years has gone it's only been a month but what a clear itch free month. DYOR give it a try it's natural chemical free cheap and it works! I hope it works for every one.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 2017 12.20 by Slipit1

Hey Jamuk, I appreceiate you sharing but what brought you hear with those symptoms? We're you diagnosed with P or E?

Posted Tue 26 Sep 2017 18.39 by Deeker57

I suffered on every part of my body...some areas worse than others. Exorex lotion was and still is my miracle cure...it's available on prescription. Rub in 2 or 3 times daily, it'll take approximately 4 weeks then you should see the inflammation and the size of the plaques reduce, another 4 weeks or so to clear up. As my plaques cleared up on my arms..legs etc...so did the areas on my back...which I couldn't get to to treat them. The lotion soaks in within a couple of mins....then you can apply moisturiser as the lotion ain't the sweetest smell!

Posted Sun 1 Oct 2017 00.27 by Middy1 (edited Sun 1 Oct 2017 00.31 by Middy1)

Hi I have had the condition since I was 17 yrs old. I always seem to break out when I am worried about things. I would only get it on my knees and elbows then when I was 19 I started planning my wedding and as the date approached I was literally covered head to toe. Nothing helped and I had to get married feeling very sad about the way I looked. I then went away on honey moon and accepted that I couldn't do anything about it, reluctantly I exposed my skin to the world and within three days of relaxing and sunbathing it had almost disappeared. by the time the honeymoon was over I was totally clear and that's the way it stayed. 12years later I was going through a divorce, I suddenly noticed the scales and red patches on my knees and elbows which got really bad over such a short period. with my emotions at the lowest I have ever felt my parents booked a holiday for me. They had not even considered the skin condition they were aware of the stress and wanted me to relax. Exactly the same thing happened I was all clear within 5 days. I decided that there was no point getting stressed about life, I came home relaxed and 5yrs on I am still clear on my body. Although I do have problems with patches on my scalp, I have found that it flares up when I use certain products( I have a list that goes on forever of products that make It worse. I stay well clear of them). I hope this helps a little and I am a believer that psoriasis is triggered through stressful circumstances. I have friends who think the same. One friend who had her own business for 27 years thought her business wasn't stressful, she was always positive about her business. The psoriasis covered her hands she spent thousands over the years, she then sold her business and lives the same life apart from working.. 6 weeks after selling. she phoned me at 7am overjoyed it had totally disappeare,d she is 43yrs old and for the first time she is going to get her nails done. she was to embarrassed before My dad has it and mum has recently bought him propolis cream from the forever living range it has reduced the redness and it looks as if it's disappearing my dad has always been a mans man but he swears by this cream xx

Posted Thu 5 Oct 2017 10.26 by Tralalal02

My psoriasis was pretty chronic from the age of 3 to early thirties I was seen by Prof Greaves (retired )at the St Johns Institute of Dermatology as an inpatient. when I was 19. Wonderful I learned that for me NATURAL sunlight worked and so instead of holidaying in the sun during the summer like most people I went to the Canary Island s in the winter for 2 weeks as it is still sunny but not too hot. It was great as it meant I could face the spring/summer with some relief. I still took the sun in the summer but in moderation with great care. One more thing I learned was to keep away from sunbeds unless they are special ones in dermatology units as they can really damage your health. There are very few inpatient facilities for skin now on the NHS anyway not sure about private

Posted Tue 10 Oct 2017 09.44 by mappaman
I am Gary and have had this horrible condition for more than 25 years and I am still suffering now !

My plaque psoriasis is so severe it is everywhere and rules my life. What complicates things is I had a brain tumour ten years ago so I am on tablets for life. Lucky to be alive but it is painful. I have tried most things but a lot I cant take due to my meds! I am retired on ill heath from an excellent job and have no money so I cannot get private help. The NHS are useless and take months to get an appointment. I live on my own and my condition means I don't go out. I am 47. I also have depression. The only thing that keeps me going is my children who I see on some weekends. I am desperate for help but I can't find any, don't know what to do with myself. I NEED HELP But their isn't any. Gary

Posted Tue 10 Oct 2017 13.20 by jdrussell78

Hi MrsBluesky I have had psoriasis since 2008. I have had a lot of major flare ups in that time. I suffer from guttae psoriasis too. It is everywhere at the moment, over my arms, legs, really bad on my back and in my scalp. I would say at the moment it is about 80% coverage. I have been on various treatments in the past, i started with UVB light treatment and had two goes at that at the hospital 6 months apart for 6 months. That did initially seem to work. But then when the winter hit, it came back. I have used various creams for a long time too, dovobet, dovonex (?) and others. One thing that really helps the scratching, which for me is the worst part, is aloe vera. It can really cool the skin and help to stop the want to scratch all the time. I have recently been prescribed Enstillar foam, which is great. It really works, but have to get a new bottle of that every 2 weeks as it runs out so quickly. For me, this has been the best topical treatment and it really helped. I was also on cyclosporin for a long time, I was on it for 3 years and when my new dermatologist found out he took me off that straight away and put me on apremilast. Cyclosporin did really work, I pretty much went down to about 10% coverage, it was amazing. But had to come off due to possible side affects. I had higher blood pressure, had to take medication to keep that in check and had to go for regular blood tests. After coming off that I have started on humira injections, yesterday in fact. I hope this will work as nothing else apart from the cyclosporin and the enstillar foam had touched the psoriasis before. Here's hoping that works.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 2017 12.28 by Gautamse

Hey guys, I was first diagnosed with psoriasis in November 2011. Since then, I've had multiple treatments but never ever went for allopathic medicine. Have been following homeopathy right now and much better. Before the medicine starts it's work, make yourself believe that it'll work. Be optimistic and try to stay as much confident as you can. To keep the skin moist, I am using Vaseline body lotion, you may give it a try to. Get your Vitamin D-3, B-12 checked. Psoriatic patients are often diagnosed with its deficiency. Last year my Vitamin D-3 was 12, which should be between 25-50 if I remember right. You may also use JRK's 777 oil on the affected areas and take a sunbath of not more than 10 minutes. Our diet plays a very crucial role to fight with this disease so make sure you do not have anything you are allergic to. There's a lot of ups and down's I've faced but yes, I know that it's not big enough to defeat my will. Cheers to everyone fighting with this and lots of love. All the best with your treatments

Posted Wed 11 Oct 2017 21.46 by Andy1990

When I get bad P on my legs the main thing is to apply a thick moisturiser daily and exfoliate in the shower. It stops the itching and stops plaques getting caught on clothing. I get a mixture of gutatte and plaque on my legs (especially my thighs!) - I've posted some pics and more tips on my blog: http://ukpsoriasisblog.com/view-all/psoriasis-on-legs/

Posted Wed 11 Oct 2017 22.21 by Rochelleamy

Hey Guys, Wondering if you can help me or recommend me anything. I've had P since I was around 2 years old ( I am now 23) I use to have it just on my elbows and ankles and it was really moderate so I wasn't that bothered. I have recently been under a lot of pressure and the P is now growing up my leg with one of the patches being extremley bad ( it's that bad the flakes are really dark from the blood) im becoming a tad self conscious now... Would anyone be able to help me? As I have thought about the sunbed. - also what type of p do I have? I never knew they was categorised ( I haven't really looked into it before just dealt with it) Rochelle zx

Posted Wed 11 Oct 2017 23.07 by Psoriasisfree

Hi I’ve had psoriasis since I was 14 after a bout of glandular fever...nothing helped until I tried Juice plus capsules (all 3 types- vegtable blend, berry blend & fruit blend) in 3 weeks my skin was clear!! I don’t sell it or wish to promote juice plus but thought I would share, it is £60 a month but it’s so worth every penny! Xx

Posted Mon 16 Oct 2017 21.01 by sugarfree

Really sorry to hear these problems Mrs Blue Sky. I sympathise. Please read this if you want a natural solution that worked for me and I'm not selling you anything except perhaps someone else's book and I'm not on commission - sadly because I could do with funding for the charity I run CO-Gas Safety on carbon monoxide poisoning! I was diagnosed in summer 2015 and the creams helped a bit but I felt there was something wrong with me deep down. I didn't feel right. It had started in my mouth which kind of furred up. My tummy button smelled. I had red patches on my torso and they got bigger. Then all my orifices itched or hurt. I even got Psoriasis in my ears and when wax came out it was full of skin too. My scalp was covered in spots and scabs YUK! My brain wasn't working properly either. Until I wrote this I hadn't admitted how bad it was, even to myself. Then I came across a book written by Dr Sarah Myhill, a medical doctor but also a believer in alternative medicine and who keeps an open mind. She had, in my opinion, been bullied and persecuted by the medical establishment and I had been to support her at a rally at the BMA. I admit I like people who think for themselves. I know medics can be too 'establishment' - have you read about Barry Marshall who found a cure for ulcers (short course of antibiotics) but the medical establishment had refused to take any notice for years - but they do now. I therefore bought Dr Myhill’s new book out of curiosity but mainly to support her. It has a pink sugary cupcake on the front fitted with Devil's horns and a tail! It can be bought from Amazon see https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Prevent-Cure-Diabetes-Delicious-Diets-Dangerous-Drugs/1781610770/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483568270&sr=1-1-fkmr2&keywords=How+to+prevent+and+cure+diabetes+Dr+Myhill Type 2 diabetes is a growing problem and I didn't want to get it. Also I knew that slim fit people (as I am) still get type 2 diabetes as they get older so thought there might be an explanation for this and I think there is. Basically as I see it Dr Myhill's message is to stop eating sugar and you will hopefully decrease your risk of type 2 diabetes plus your psoriasis will greatly reduce and virtually disappear too! My experience of creams and treatments 1. Eumovate useful but I try not to use it much. 2. Dermalex from Boots for Psoriasis is good but expensive but the scalp one is by far the best for me and I notice that this product often sells out. As well as using it on my scalp after shampooing (while the scalp is still wet) I use it on my forehead, eyelids and neck at night with good results. Hardly use any now though as I don't need it. 3. T Gel mild (without heavy tar) shampoo is helpful. 4. Best help of all is giving up sugar. I eat meat, fish and diary - not everyone can eat diary but I seem fine with cheese anyway. I also eat more nuts, butter, whole grains, dark chocolate, lots of vegetables and fruits especially berries. I have got to like dark chocolate at 90% but not everyone can enjoy this. Try 70% and work down in the sense of increasing the percentage - I now eat 90%. I eat the chocolate with a banana (probably ill-advised but I have to eat bananas!) and also desiccated coconut that helps make the chocolate more palatable. Delicious. I've always felt better on whiskey, (Irish hence the spelling - so much smoother than Scotch - try Old Bushmills, the ordinary not more expensive kind). Stop drinking wine. Wine never suited me and now I know why. Most spirits do not contain sugar. Wine can contain a lot of sugar. Start reading every label on everything. I feel giving up sugar has got to the root of the problem whereas the creams were just dealing with the symptoms. I haven't really changed my diet in a huge way - just cut out sugar, wine, fruit juice (but not whole fruit) and jam and I've tried to reduce carbs a bit. I always liked whole grain bread and brown rice. Brown pasta is OK but not as nice as brown rice. The problem with brown rice is that it takes at least 30 minutes to cook. Solution - cook loads, cool quickly and freeze in small bags. Reheat in microwave. I feel incredibly much better, healthier and my brain is working better. So what's not to like about the sugar free way? Who wants sugar if it brings you out in itchy scabs? Sugar gives you some energy but you often get a reaction after the body has mopped it up with insulin that leaves you feeling tired, plus you get no nutrients from sugar other than calories. I tried telling my specialist but a look came over his face that said 'mad lady alert' so I stopped. If I could quote others, that might change mightn't it? Pharmacists however are very interested - well the two I've spoken to so far were and took down the details of Dr Myhill’s book. I would love to hear about anyone's experience and if going sugar free helps or not. It does take a few months to work through however although I felt an improvement almost immediately but told myself it was probably just the placebo effect. I have now done a full year and jsut don't have psoriasis anymore thank goodness. I am just thrilled to have found something natural, health giving and easy that works! I am keeping an open mind but I do hope my experience helps others! Do please let me know. Maybe if this helps people they would be willing to let me or someone like Dr Myhill have their names so that we could persuade a university to undertake some recognised research that could really save a lot of people as well as NHS funding? Psoriasis is supposed to be caused by stress and I have a thought about that. We were having a house built plus I was going through a very difficult time re the charity I run. I therefore tended to have quite a bit of toast and jam and I think that is what did it. So stress and psoriasis could well go together but not quite in the way the medics think!

To take part, sign in or register with us