alkaline diet.

Posted Fri 10 Mar 2017 21.47 by andrea
have had p for too many years

I have been inspired by a new book Radiant by Hanna Silitoe and how she has been covered in psoriasis for many years and is now clear by going on a plant based high alkaline diet. I have been on this diet for two weeks as my P is worsening although i am on methotrexate which was doing a wonderful job for two years i felt it was time to look at my diet as you are what you eat!! apparently! I have also realised that celiac disease has a very possible link to psoriasis so i dont eat whole grains,sugar, wheat or meat and dairy. An awful lot to give up all at once but i am so very determined to give it a go or one day i will think i wish i had just to see if it helps me too. It will take 2- 3 months to show improvement. I will let you all know how i get on.

Posted Sat 18 Mar 2017 15.38 by harisv77

thats great!! let me know how you get on.. perhaps you want to talk about it as well? i suffer from psoriasis too and it just would be nice to talk to someone... my email is harisv77@gmail.com

Posted Mon 20 Mar 2017 20.43 by andrea
have had p for too many years

So far im into week 3 of my healthy eating plan.No gluten, dairy sugar or meat. I have slipped up once or twice with the odd sweet but doing very well otherwise. The psoriasis seems to settle and is hardly noticable at times then if i get too warm it shows up again. I am using only zerodouble moisturiser on prescription as dovobet makes it vanish but only for 24 hours. I plan to give it 2 months to see if it clears anywhere.

Posted Tue 17 Sep 2019 17.48 by AMK

Just been reading about this diet! Just curious to see how it went for you?

To take part, sign in or register with us