Eating Blueberries has cleared up my psoriasis

Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 13.52 by Cazzy27

Hi Chrissie. Ooh I do feel for you. I have PPP on the soles of my feet and some days it's like walking on glass. I'm on Cyclosporin but have to come off it any day now so I am going to give the blueberries a go. I don't know if they work for PPP but time will tell. If that fails then it's back onto methotrexate injections which I don't want to do! Good luck and keep us posted.

Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 14.57 by Chrissie NW

Hi Cazzy and I feel for you too. I had P on my feet, only once, but it drove me mad, so I do have sympathy for you. I have never been on any drugs for P when I read all the nightmares people have, I refuse them, one Consultant struck me off his list, so I got in touch with the Ombudsman and they re-instated me, but with a different one and he is great and so understanding, in fact Im going to the Hospital on Thursday am trying the Lamp again its been about 10yrs since I last used it, Im trying it as Im so down at the moment, I hate the travelling three days a week for approx 12 weeks, but we will see if any improvement, Im also going to take the blueberries as well, or should I say magic blueberries!!!!I will keep in touch with my progress. There is a new injection coming out at the end of the year, so Im hoping I may try that, this has no cancer agents in it and has specifically been done for psoriasis suffers only, so there should be no harmful after effects the person who has done this is a Prof at the Manchester Hospital, so thats fantastic news. Thanks Cazzy I will keep you in the picture, let me know how you get on. Good Luck. Chrissie

Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 16.04 by Cazzy27

Hi Chrissie. Ooh I haven't heard of the new injection coming out. Are you able to give me anymore info on it or a website I can look at. I don't like the idea of biologics etc so it would be good if they could find something else that works. Hope you get some relief from the lamp but meanwhile enjoy the magic blueberries! Bye for now. Carole

Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 19.19 by Chrissie NW

Hi Carole, well with the injection coming out at the end of the year I have put it somewhere safe and can't find it, leave it with me and I will search I've put it in a book not my Chrome Book, so I will have a good look, with it being later in the year for availability I will look for it in my spare time, I will definitely get back to you I am a bit of a scatter brain . Spk soon. Chrissie

Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 19.29 by Cazzy27

Thanks Chrissie. No hurry, whenever you've got time. Carole

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 01.14 by pdr321
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

Hi Chrissie, what has happened to me is amazing, it all seems too easy after all those years of agony, steroid creams, hospital appointments, nasty pills etc. If only I had known about blueberries when I was 23. Now it just seems like a bad dream I had. I do hope that everyone here will experience the same miracle. Phil

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 06.38 by Benh1988

I’ve been watching this chat for a few days now and after having P for around 15 years nothing as really worked for me , I used to use betnovate on my face which in the end just thinned my skin. now I just moisturise with aveeno which isn’t too bad , however I always wear jumpers and trousers to cover my arms and legs up , only other good thing that works is sun for me if I go abroad to Turkey or Greece , I’ve tried everything sunbeds , vitamins , creams , steroids , tablets , nothing works , I’m going to give the blueberries a try and will keep updates I started on the 11th of June having around 15 a day so will come back with another update in a few week then a few week after that , I have also bought some blueberry smoothies . Fingers crossed it works

1 Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 11.18 by Summer

Iv just had a large flair up, due to getting stressed over been told I had a BCC on my face, which was removed last week,(results back in a week) This is amazing I hope everyone Who tries it Will get the same results, I always have a small hand full in my porridge, but now I have doubled the amount Fingers crossed for us all

1 Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 13.29 by Chrissie NW

Hi Summer, sorry to hear of your BCC and trust all will be good when you get your results. I'm going for my blueberries tomorrow as my P has been horrific, so I'm going to eat lots. Miracle Phil will have help a lot of us P suffering people with his Blueberries. Chrissie

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 13.37 by Cazzy27

Hi Phil. Just wondering if you have shares in blueberries. If not, you should have, ha ha! On a serious note, it would be great if you have helped a lot of people on this forum, hopefully me included.

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 16.49 by pdr321
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

Hi Cazzy, I know what it's like, and many patient stories on here are heartbreaking. This condition can certainly ruin lives. In a way I feel like I'm pushing snake oil. It took a while for me to decide to post my experience, when I did the post got next to no feedback. My consultant noted my miraculous recovery but gave it no credibility. Reading the stories of sufferers on here made me decide to post again. It's good to hear that it has worked for at least one other person. Even now some people look at me in a t-shirt and say where are your spots? I tell them what happened and they look at me speechless, not quite believing. I should probably stop pushing this though, I don't want to give false hope. Lastly I do believe that a reasonable diet is also factor. Smoking, too much sugar and alcohol are all bad for psoriasis. I find that I can still indulge within reason. In actual fact I don't smoke and only drink very moderately. Phil

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 17.35 by Cazzy27

Well said Phil and this forum is a great way to share ideas and treatments. I think people are only to pleased to be able to try something else that has worked for others even if it is only one or two people. I'm like you, never have smoked and only have a couple of drinks at the weekend but if I go onto methotrexate I won't be able to do that. Looking forward to hearing from the others on this forum seeing if the blueberries worked for them. Carole

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 19.23 by Chrissie NW

Many many Thks to Phil, I couldn't get my blueberries the other day I have a round trip to the supermarket of 46miles so I thought I have the Hosp tomorrow so I will get them tomorr I have faith in the blueberries, if it's not worked for me, these things happen, all trial and error, like everything in life when you have problems. I will come on the Forum and let everyone know how I get on, I love all this chat when we all suffer with P one way or another. Chrissie

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 19.35 by Cazzy27

Hi Chrissie. Wow 46 miles! I moan when I have to go to the supermarket and mine's only a 2 mile round trip!! I shall never moan again. As you say these things are trial and error and don't work for everyone but you have to try them. Good luck with the hospital tomorrow and hope the supermarket have got lots of blueberries for you. Carole

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 20.00 by Chrissie NW

Thanks Carole, yes long mileage for me to the Supermarket, I live in the middle of nowhere in between two mountains ( but it's beautiful ). I will let you know how I get on. Chrissie

Posted Fri 15 Jun 2018 20.34 by Benh1988

Hi PDR how long was it before you started to notice the p clearing up thanks Ben

Posted Sat 16 Jun 2018 00.19 by pdr321

Hi Ben, I recall that after a couple of weeks I noticed first that no new spots were forming. Next the scales just started falling off, dead skin everywhere like snow! At about 3 weeks to a month I was clear. I healed really rapidly, it was quite the miracle. Just before I had been covered nearly all over, it was really bad. Phil

Posted Sat 16 Jun 2018 21.17 by Stuart7
Hello all Nice to see a group of people helping one another

Hi all new on here and like you guys looking to rid myself of my P Thanks to Cazzy for pointing me in direction of this forum Along with blueberry is there any other recommended superfood that helps us sufferers Any feedback appreciated

Posted Mon 18 Jun 2018 04.47 by MAD

Hello All, I just recently been diagnosed with psoriasis and i find it very daunting. I have never suffered from any skin condition until a year ago. I have been on the steroid creama nd coal tar lotion but nothing seems to help. Its getting worse. First it was only on my knees and elbows and now its all over my body. The itching is also getting worse. I have been waiting to see the dermatologist for 6 months. It’s very frustrating. I will definitely try the blueberries. I haven’t slept all night due to the itching and i feel very down as a colleague just pointed how awful my skin and if its contagious! I just want to hide.

1 Posted Mon 18 Jun 2018 05.09 by Stuart7
Hello all Nice to see a group of people helping one another

Hi MAD Firstly sorry to hear of your skin troubles. Like you i only contracted P a year past march and mine started with a few spots with got bigger and eventually spread. My worse effected areas are my lower back shins and forearms. I started cyclosporin on saturday but only taking 100mg per day instead of the 200mg i was meant to take. Of course i also started on the blueberries on saturday and im hoping for a result by way of combining them with the cyclosporin Will keep you posted as to how it goes and good luck with the super blueberries

To take part, sign in or register with us