Eating Blueberries has cleared up my psoriasis

2 Posted Mon 18 Jun 2018 08.54 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I find it quite strange that there are so many posts on these forums from people who say things like - "I have been prescribed xxxx but I don't want to use it" or "my dermatologist gave me xxx but I only use it yyyyyyy". Here is another example - and please do not take this as personal criticism Stuart - but why if you are "meant to take 200mg" would you only take 100mg? My doctor prescribed my certain things for psoriaisis and when I saw no impreovement at all - particularly in the itching, I went back to him, discussed options and non-prescription options and was given something else which has helped. When some post that "xxxx did not help me at all" I do occasionally wonder for how long and in what way did they use it - was it as advised?

1 Posted Mon 18 Jun 2018 12.47 by pdr321
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

Hi Stuart, I don't like the idea of the blueberries cyclosporin mix. Try the blueberries, if they don't work then you have no option right? My view is avoid strong meds unless there is no other option. Phil

Posted Sun 1 Jul 2018 11.03 by DianeC

I've had a few small patches of psoriasis all of my life. (Elbow & knee). I've noticed in the past that it can suddenly clear up. Mine just cleared up again and I wondered what did I do that was different if anything. I went blueberry picking last week and have been eating a lot of them everyday. Yesterday I noticed my psoriasis has cleared up! Could it be the blueberries? A coincidence? I searched online and found this thread..

Posted Sun 1 Jul 2018 13.12 by Blossom
Istarted with psoriasis 10 months ago.Im on creams and hospital treatment.Sometimes i feel very low,and do,nt want to leave the house.

Hi DianneC .I to have been eating blueberries since I heard about it on here.And my psoriasis has been behaving itself.Im putting it down to the sun aswell.Mine is clearing up slowly,but as I've had it since I had a throat infection 4 years ago.I go to see my Dermatologist in 2 weeks and I'm hoping to have cleared up more by then.We,re all hoping for a miracle cure,so if something like blueberries help. Where's the harm in trying,Good Luck with the clear skin.

Posted Sun 8 Jul 2018 13.43 by Cazzy27

Hi Lguk. I look foward to seeing how you get on. I'm like most other people and eating 20 blueberries a day. I have noticed a difference but am still on Cyclosporin 100mg a day so not sure if it's the blueberries or not. I like to think it is. I'm wondering if the juice might be a bit strong but if it helps then I would certainly give it a go. Anything other than meds! Cazzy27

2 Posted Sun 8 Jul 2018 14.56 by pdr321 (edited Sun 8 Jul 2018 19.30 by pdr321)
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

A few on here are taking cyclosporin and eating blueberries at the same time. To me this does not make sense, how will you know if the blueberries work unless you try them without medication? My own experience of cyclosporin was that it worked at first, but there were some nasty side effects. Gradually it lost its efficacy and so was never going to be a long-term solution. Also each time I came off cyclosporin I had the most horrendous flare ups, so bad in fact that I wondered why I bothered in the first place. Of course this is just my personal experience. There is no cure for psoriasis, just treatment and management of the condition. That said eating blueberries is still working for me nearly two years along. If you take cyclosporin you are surpressing your immune system. At the same time the blueberries are a powerful anti-inflammatory. I'm not an expert but I must confess that this particular mix worries me. I never tried this. One thing is for sure, you will never know if blueberries are working for you unless you come off the meds.

Posted Sun 8 Jul 2018 19.05 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Someone has said that eating blueberries has helped their psoriasis. So now some people want to buy concentrate - that will have been extracted by industrial processes, and subject to other industrial proicess to be allowed to be sold. What is clear - they will not be consuming everything that is in a fresh whole blueberry. Additionally - if a 30ml serving contains 185 blueberries. I wonder if it also contains the sugar content of 185 blueberries?

1 Posted Sun 8 Jul 2018 21.03 by DH

I wonder that too - it is called a blueberry concentrate drink, NOT even blueberry juice, that means they are adding other stuff, possible sugar.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 2018 00.40 by IH1987

Hi I am new in this forum. Since I read the blueberries post (3 days ago)I have started eating them everyday. I stopped having methotrexate nov2017 and now I am on homeopathy treatment which apparently takes months to work. Phil can I ask that initially when you started eating blueberries your psoriasis got flakier than usual?

Posted Thu 12 Jul 2018 06.58 by janice11573
I've had psoriasis for 10 years and it continues to get worse. Tired of medications, ready to try eating healthier and natural oils.

Hello I just came across this forum while I was researching different remedies for psoriasis. I spend a lot of time researching...because I have been on so many different medications and ointments, all of which might help for a short time, but then they no longer work. I don't want to take any more medications. I know my dermatologist means well, but if one doesn't work they want to try another one. That gets old. Also, they are very expensive and insurance doesn't always want to pay for them. After reading and researching, it seems that diet and moisturizing and taking care of your skin may truly be the best defense. I started coconut oil today, and I am also ready to try blueberries. I keep seeing so many posts about those that I feel like they just may work.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 2018 15.51 by pdr321

Hi IH1987, Yes my psoriasis got much flakier than it had been before. I started shedding lots of dead skin, when that was gone I got my normal skin back - wonderful. Phil

Posted Thu 12 Jul 2018 16.07 by Stuart7
Hello all Nice to see a group of people helping one another

I was taking cyclosporin along with blueberries but after reading a post i thought yeah whats the point in taking both as you wont know which one is working when my skin starts to clear I ditched the cyclo about 2 weeks ago in favour of the super blueberries and my skin also flaked a lot worse before returning to almost normal Only signs left are a few red blotches 20 blueberries per day is working a treat

Posted Thu 12 Jul 2018 16.19 by Cazzy27

Hi all. I so want to ditch the Cyclosporin and try the blueberries but without knowing if anyone else out there has PPP on the soles of their feet and the blueberries has helped I am nervous to stop the meds. I know that within 2 weeks I won't be able to walk and it will have started to spread. Really not sure what to do.

Posted Thu 12 Jul 2018 23.41 by pdr321

Hi Stuart, I'm glad to hear about your improvement. This is great news. Phil

Posted Fri 13 Jul 2018 12.25 by Stuart7
Hello all Nice to see a group of people helping one another

Thank you phil It just goes to show that sometimes the most simple natural things can help the body more than any meds Good luck to anyone else that may have success with these super berries. I have also been eating strawberries and blackberries and the red blotches are really begining to fade

Posted Fri 13 Jul 2018 15.07 by Margaret W

Hi, I am going to try the blueberries- i’ll Try anything! I have scalp phoriasis which is driving me mad and have lost 50% of my hair. Just picked up Enstilar and wondered how others had found this. Margaret

Posted Fri 13 Jul 2018 15.44 by Chrissie NW

Hi Margaret. Ive had Psoriasis for just over 50 years, the last three years ive got Psoriatic Psoriasis, which all that time has been a living nightmare. Anyway, re your scalp ( I have it on my scalp and I use T.Gel Shampoo ( no nasty drugs) I live in North Wales and therefore do not pay for prescriptions, but if you have to pay its cheaper to go to Superdrug or Boots and its a fantastic shampoo for P. Re the Enstillar, I was prescribed this by my Consultant about four months ago my hands and arms were very bad when I put in on in the evening and went to bed in the morning I thought my hand especially had really calmed down and was thrilled considering I had only use it once but its a very and I mean very strong, after a week I was so sore and decided not to use it again, but we are all different, Re the blueberries I have not got in touch with the MIRACLE BLUEBERRY MAN PHIL, I was going to leave it another week, but I ditched the UV Light Therapy at the Hospital and decided to do the Blueberry Phil , so Ive ate 20 blueberries a day, plus blackberries and I have done it now for three weeks and my Psoriasis ( what Psoriasis) it was so horrendous, my Doctor wanted me to go into Hospital, but I refused, Did the M,B.M.P. miracle blueberryman Phils remedy and Im clear just the odd mark on my legs, but Ive actually worn shorts for the first time in 40 odd years Im thrilled to bits and I will continue to eat them, bit expensive, but worth every penny. Hope you get on alright Margaret. Good Luck Chrissie North Wales

Posted Fri 13 Jul 2018 15.54 by Chrissie NW

F.A.O. PDR 321 THE MIRACLE BLUEBERRY MAN Hi Phil, well as you can see from the above message I sent to Margaret, IM CLEAR, yes clear Sir Phil thank you so much for letting us know, as Ive previous said Ive had P for just over 50yrs out of those years Ive been clear in total about 15 months . I still have a few marks on my legs and top of my feet, but they will go given time as the P has been there a very long time, I honestly cannot believe this has happened it is a true MIRACLE. I will remember you for ever. Chrissie North Wales

Posted Fri 13 Jul 2018 16.01 by Chrissie NW

Cazzie 27 Well what do you think about the above, its a miracle, go out and buy your blueberries and blackberries, go your two miles to the shop I did the 46 miles to get mine and thats every week, thinking of having Tesco delivery!!!!!!! You must buy them I know we are all different, but its worth it.

Posted Fri 13 Jul 2018 17.37 by Cazzy27

Hi Chrissie. Wow I am so glad that this has worked for you. I wish the medical profession would take notice of this. I have been on the blueberries for about 3 weeks and I have been on Cyclosporin as well but feel that my feet have improved slightly. So as from today I have stopped the meds and I'm just going to try the blueberries. I reckoned I won't know until I give it a good go. I might regret it if I can't walk in a couple of weeks but I'm determined to try. So I will keep you updated. Bye the way, I would definitely get Tesco home delivery if I lived where you do!

To take part, sign in or register with us