Eating Blueberries has cleared up my psoriasis

Posted Fri 13 Jul 2018 21.32 by pdr321
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

Hi Chrissie, Thank you for sharing your wonderful news, I'm so pleased for you, and for Stuart too of course. Just today I was talking about my experience with a colleague and saying that sometimes miracles do happen. It's also good to have confirmation for other sufferers. You guys have made me really happy with your success :-) Phil

Posted Fri 13 Jul 2018 21.37 by Cazzy27

Ah well done Phil. You have changed a few lives and I hope mine will change within the next month thanks to the blueberries. Watch this space!

1 Posted Mon 16 Jul 2018 14.41 by IH1987

Hi cazzy 27 How long have you been having blueberries for? Today is my day 8 and I I am shedding a lot of skin and a couple of blobs did bleed also due to excessive scratching. I hope this is normal? Keep on posting here people who have been on their week 2 and 3 of blue berries. Also do they skin starts to get clear from top to bottom or there's no particular order? Thanks

Posted Mon 16 Jul 2018 15.54 by Cazzy27

Hi IH1987. I have been in them nearly 4 weeks now but have only just come off of Cyclosporin. I haven't noticed any change yet but it normally takes up to 2 weeks from when I stop any meds. So time will tell.

1 Posted Mon 16 Jul 2018 21.15 by pdr321
A long sufferer of plaque psoriasis who found an effective treatment after 27 years (blueberries). I have now been clear more than 5 years.

Hi IH1987/Cazzy, If you are on Cyclosporin then I would imagine you don't have much psoriasis unless the efficacy is wearing off as it did for me. Every time I came off cyclosporin I suffered the most awful flare ups. You have a different type of psoriasis to me, I hope the berries will work for you. I think you will have to get your body chemistry back to normal first to find out. I would also advise against eating lots of sugary sweets, smoking and drinking too much alcohol. In my case it feels like the blueberries just absorb a lot of imflammatory foods, but there is a limit I think. At Christmas when I had a bad diet, and drank too much, in fact I did get a few spots back. They disappeared in a few weeks when my diet went back to normal. Everything in moderation I guess. In my case my skin healed from underneath, with the plaques just falling off. Also my skin got quite itchy just before it finally healed. The thing that I really noticed first was that no new spots were forming. Previously they were coming up all the time, I had it really bad. Hope this information helps. Phil

Posted Mon 16 Jul 2018 22.03 by Cazzy27

Hi Phil. The Cyclosporin was keeping my PPP just to the soles of my feet but when I come off of it then within about a week it creeps up my legs and arms. I am still waiting for my appointment to come through so I have taken myself off of the meds (as I have to come off it anyway) as I want to give the blueberries a good chance to help me. I am trying them for as long as I can. Usually within 2 weeks of coming off the meds I can't walk so it will be interesting to see if they help me at all. My feet don't really get itchy, they split, bleed and get very sore. I will keep you posted. Carole

Posted Tue 17 Jul 2018 00.03 by IH1987

Hi Phil Thanks for the info. I have been off the meds since oct/nov 2017 and on and off I was using daivobet but last 3 months I haven't used any ointment/ creams/medicine at all. And because I have stopped everything and started homeopathy root so it's just flaring up. Apparently it takes 6-9 months for homeopathy to start working. I want to give blue berries a good go. Will keep you all posted. Has anyone here tried homeopathy btw?

Posted Thu 19 Jul 2018 19.58 by Cazzy27

Hi Phil/Chrissie. So I have been off the Cyclosporin for a week now and my feet are so tender and sore that walking isn't great. I will keep up with the blueberries though but just need to know how long I should give them. I so want and need them to work! Carole

Posted Thu 19 Jul 2018 20.14 by Chrissie NW

Hi Carole, I took 20 blueberries and it took exactly three weeks and all I have are the marks from the P. but they have really faded this is only on my legs as I dont have my legs out much Im always in trousers, I cannot believe it, But Carole persevere, all I use is Doublebase Gel moisturiser as my skin goes very, very dry, Ive been out for Lunch today with my friend, who lives in Spain a lot, because I burn in the sun ( skin very thin, with the steroids ) so I dont get over to see her as much, well she saw me today and she couldnt believe it and she thought I had been sunning myself somewhere, she didnt believe the Blueberry Magic Remedy and then when she came into my bungalow later and looked in my fridge she did when she saw all the blueberries ( wish they had a longer date on the packets ) she gave me a big hug Ive known her for over 35 years and she said well, Ive never seen your skin like this its like spun silk, wonderful. Good Luck but keep to it, Spk again soon. Chrissie

Posted Thu 19 Jul 2018 20.23 by Cazzy27

Ah thanks Chrissie. That gives me some hope and a timescale. I am using a cream called Calmurid which is just a moisturiser as my feet also get dry. I will look at the doublebase gel to see how it differs. I know what you mean about the dates on the blueberries but it's not as bad for me as the supermarket is just down the road. You must have been so chuffed with that comment about your skin. Makes it all worthwhile. I will keep you posted. Carole

Posted Fri 20 Jul 2018 08.20 by Chrissie NW

Hi Carole I hope you get your feet sorted I've had it under my feet but not as bad as you, in the 50yrs I've had P. Double base is the best I've used it comes in a 500g Pump Dispenser and 100grm to put in your bag, I've been using it over 10yrs it's the best I've used your skin is like silk you can get it on prescription, I'm lucky as in Wales we get free prescriptions for everyone, try it I love it , Chrissie

Posted Fri 20 Jul 2018 08.28 by Chrissie NW

Carole, sorry, I forgot to say my skin is fantastic, I can't believe it and the comments I get is incredible, all I get them saying is Blueberries have cleared all that and I say yes I've chatted with Phil the Blueberry Miracle Man on the P. Site and told them what he said, gave it a go and this is the result, they say can't believe that , he should be knighted!!!!! but what as happened to me, this time I do agree with them, only for Phil I would still be a mess, I was covered from toes to head and I didn't go very scaly I was red raw as if someone had thrown boiling water over me but I never have it on my face thank goodness,. Good Luck Carole. Chrissie

Posted Sun 22 Jul 2018 12.45 by IH1987

Can I ask if it has to be exact 20 blueberries? I have had more than 20 also for few days and I am on week 2 (day 13)of having the berries. I am also covered to head to legs but not on my feet. Do I have to restart with 20 a day or continue having blueberries without counting? Phil and Chrissie please guide me here.

Posted Sun 22 Jul 2018 12.51 by Stuart7
Hello all Nice to see a group of people helping one another

IH It dont matter the exact amount you take Ive been eating a small punnet a day for over 5 weeks and my P is almost gone Only a few red blotches left which are fading fast Also try eating porridge every morning which is really good for your skin

Posted Sun 22 Jul 2018 13.12 by Tinks999

Hey, so I’ve never completely been psoriasis free I’ve always had a few big spots on my legs, recently the flare up has been extreme prob the worst since I first got it 30 years ago,, I’m going back to Drs on Tuesday to get yet more cream however I’ve been using Waleda Skin food and vitamin d tablets and it seems ‘less thick’ went and bought my blueberries today so I’m hopeful that will help also as it still looks very ‘angry’ will post back in 2 weeks imagine if something so simple actually works after all these years and expense at the Chinese dr etc drinking disgusting tea. Cheryl x

Posted Sun 22 Jul 2018 13.41 by IH1987

Thanks Stuart I thought I'd have to restart. I have been having smoked salmon on brown toast with flex seeds every morning and drinking a teaspoon full of chia seeds. Hope this all helps too

Posted Sun 22 Jul 2018 14.11 by DH

I posted June 3rd 2018 after searching for someone else that had their psoriasis resolved after eating blueberries. There had not been any posts since March 2017 and I am glad there is a resurgence of interest and people are trying it. You need to give it 3-4 weeks faithfully and see if there is a difference. This was just something I stumlbled on in a prep for plastic surgery and at the same time having gone blueberry picking here locally. I am stil completely cleared. I was eating one cup a day, completely cleared in 3 weeks, but now I am eating them much less and the psoriasis has not returned. I am afraid to stop completely!

Posted Sun 22 Jul 2018 17.35 by IH1987

That's great to hear DH. I have only been having it for 2 weeks and the only difference I have noticed is not the formation of new small spots. I hope and pray that this works for everyone here who is trying to get rid of p. DH do you mind if I ask how long have you had p for and was it all over or just on some places?

Posted Sun 22 Jul 2018 23.00 by DH

I have had psoriasis for about 20 years, When I started the blueberries I had it on my scalp and ears ( for years) and also on my right arm. Though many people have it worse than me, it has been ongoing and if it went away in one spot it popped up in another.

Posted Mon 23 Jul 2018 00.14 by pdr321

Hi IH, No new spots, that sounds very promising, keep eating the blueberries. I don't know what the magic number is. I originally cleared by eating about 60 I think, four days a week. Now I eat usually probably 15 to 20 a day, and am afraid to stop like DH. Phil

To take part, sign in or register with us