Sudden widespread flare up

Posted Fri 31 Mar 2017 13.42 by Twinx

How to cope when treatments are not working? Affecting my mental state to the point where there's no point carrying on.... Any advice anyone?

Posted Thu 6 Apr 2017 22.21 by priceless

Remember you are not your psoriasis. Think of it as something separate from you.

Posted Sun 9 Apr 2017 10.25 by Sue P

Hi, after a year of hell, steroid cream, acitretin, cyclosporine & methotrexate & not forgetting light treatment I had had enough. The drugs took me to dark places & mentally I was broken. I decided enough was enough & stopped it all. Psoriasis on my hands & feet is very severe & effects everything I do. However I now feel in control , I have accepted it & am mentally stronger. After reading an article about a lady on a farm in Wales who treated her son who had severe excema with goats kefir I decided to investigate. I read her book "the good skin solution" & imediately thought this is worth a try. It's early days,not cheap but my journey is taking me on a path where I'm excited, the sun is shining, I'm smiling & looking forward to being me again !!

Posted Mon 10 Apr 2017 08.58 by Twinx

Thanks for the replies ladies. I have tried believe me, to stay positive on all levels, but nothing seems to work anymore. I was offered CBT therapy, but stopped. I'm on tablets that gives me bad side affects (methotrexate) and I was told this will help. It's only made my psoriasis worse, and has now spread all over. Unfortunately, for me the sun does help either. So going out acting normal, is not part of my daily activities. I have scars on my face also that prevents me for tiein my hair help. I just have no normality anymore.😢

Posted Mon 10 Apr 2017 21.06 by andrea
have had p for too many years

I have been on Methotrexate for 2 years which didnt work until I nagged my dermatologist to take me off it as there was no point or put it up to 17.5 mg which she reluctantly did so for a year I was clear but now its coming back. So here I am ordering cropped trousers and long skirts for summer. I see the derma nurse this week but I have a feeling she won't put it up again. I try to focus on life around me and go cycling and dog walking as 46 years of living with this controlling disease is hard but I always try to not let it drag me down. My son had it far worse and now has Stellera injections and is clear.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 2017 08.31 by julia warner

Has anyone tried a uvb light at home?

Posted Wed 19 Apr 2017 15.23 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

Uvb can be severe if not monitored I would refrain from self medication

Posted Sat 22 Apr 2017 10.09 by AdrianC
Had Psoriasis for 34 years and tried most types of treatments

Really feel for you Twinx. About 10 years ago I got so deprssed I started trying to cut my Psoriasis off. This did not work of course and it came back worse. I eventually got help for my depression and I try not to let Psoriasis be who I am. I have not been given any of the latest treatments as my GP keeps saying it is not as bad as it used to be.

Posted Sat 22 Apr 2017 11.45 by Twinx

It's extremely difficult to try and seperate the psoriasis, with who I am. It's part of me, and I can't help how I feel almost everyday. I take anti depressants as well, but its not something I've wanted to keep taking for a long period of time. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm more for natural ways to cope rather than medicated ones. Any ideas....? Does anyone know of any face to face groups that I can attend in London? (South)

To take part, sign in or register with us