Recently developed

Posted Thu 20 Apr 2017 06.32 by Garybags

Hello, I'm a mid-fifties male who has recently developed Psoriasis, I have never suffered before so this is all new to me. It started as a little sore on my shin three yrs ago but is now all over my body. There has been no history in my family & like I said , never had it before so I'm still learning about it. Can anyone advise me please, im told it has a cycle? Comes for a few yrs then goes away again? Reading on the forums iv discovered you can get Psoriasis Arthritis! I think I might have this also as my joints are agony in the mornings. My gp hasnt warned me about this, in fact my GP hasn't been helpful at all. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Posted Sat 22 Apr 2017 12.40 by Twinx (edited Sat 22 Apr 2017 12.45 by Twinx)

Hi Garybags. Yes it is a cycle, but you must monitored what triggers your psoriasis? So you can control the illness to the best possible way. Depends on the severity of your psoriasis, but there are steroid creams, uvb light treatment, tablets, injections that you can take to help clear it. It's an up and down type of journey, however with the right treatment, and positive mental state you could lead a normal life. Also get referred by your GP to the rheumatology department at your local hospital, they will be able to provide you with treatment for your PA. Hope this helps

Posted Sun 23 Apr 2017 00.41 by DanielC
Had psoriasis since I was 17, now 50+

Hi Garybags I echo everything that Twinx has said. The most important thing is to get referred to the dermatology unit at your local hospital and there WILL be a treatment there for you. Best of luck.

To take part, sign in or register with us