UVB unit for home therapy.

Posted Mon 10 May 2021 13.51 by Carljones640

Anyone know where the cheapest place is for replacement tubes , I just use a 6ft standard sunbed and time myself using my phone, saves spending thousands on equipment when u can pick old sunbeds up cheap and just buy new tubes

Posted Mon 10 May 2021 16.12 by Lance

I purchased a 9 tube curved canopy from MBS with TL01 uvb narrowband phillips tubes it cleared my chronic psoriasis in under 12 weeks and I am pleased to say only a few minor patches have returned.. The unit is as new with under 2 hours total usage.time. If anyone is interested please contact me for details, 07799 425312

Posted Mon 10 May 2021 18.56 by Yacht

Hi Lance. How much do you want for it? Do you still have the MBS receipt? Do all 9 tubes still work? Thanks.

Posted Tue 11 May 2021 11.42 by Lance

Hi Yacht I still have the MBS receipt condition is as new only used for 2 hours treatment over 12 weeks all tubes working and should last up to a thousand hours. This model is currently priced at £2300 I am looking for £1100 Thanks Lance

Posted Wed 12 May 2021 00.15 by Ianhski

Hi Lance, whereabouts do you live? I am interested in your canopy and I live in Basingstoke, Hampshire. Happy to travel to collect within reason. Ian

Posted Thu 20 May 2021 12.04 by Ammeesor (edited Thu 20 May 2021 12.05 by Ammeesor)

Hi all, I’m selling my machine now as my skins cleared up. Located BH postcode, Dorset. 1200£

Posted Mon 31 May 2021 18.02 by Halo123

Hi all, I'm glad this forum is still going. I am looking to purchase a 9 Lamp UVB Narrowband Phototherapy Canopy Unit. I am based in SW London so if anyone knows of any units going that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Posted Wed 23 Jun 2021 13.44 by DessK

Managed to buy a second hand one just over a month ago and it has been worth it for me already. I have about 30% covering and it has faded considerably although you can still see where it is.. Happily wearing short sleeves and even went swimming yesterday and didn't feel anyone was staring. Just thought worth sharing this in case anyone else is still considering getting one. All the best.

Posted Tue 29 Jun 2021 11.48 by Will 67

Hi everybody just chat to say i have MBS uvb bed for sale its like new. For more info call me on 07474685175. I am in Bedfordshire

Posted Thu 1 Jul 2021 15.09 by Tatiana

Hi everyone, I've recently registered with Psoriasis Association and your conversations here have been so helpful! I got diagnosed with guttate psoriasis 11 months ago. After a big flare, I decided to go for UVB Narrowband Phototherapy. The results were great but, after 4-5 months, I'm starting to see a few P spots coming back on my legs (although not as intense as my first flare). I am considering purchasing a 9 lamp UVB canopy unit and was wondering if anyone on this chat was still looking to sell? And any other advice you can give a new joiner regarding UVB treatment and other would be much appreciated! All the best, T

Posted Thu 1 Jul 2021 16.46 by Jackie

HI, Everyone Not posted or responded for a while, I am glad people are getting results with the UVB beds, I have had mine for a few years & use it periodically when it flares up, but I think they are a great investment to have. Hope you all continue to get the desired results .

Posted Sun 4 Jul 2021 23.45 by TinaT

Hello, A little warning, I ordered a 9 tube ‘psoriasis bed’ from a company called Sun and Health at a cost of £2,000. Was told it would be delivered within 2 weeks. That was back in March, and it still hadn’t arrived 14 weeks later, so I cancelled my order. However I am still covered from head to toes with psoriasis and my hair is coming out in handfuls. GP has referred me to dermatology for more Puva treatment which I previously had a couple of years ago. Appointment has come through for December! Feeling quite desperate now and am wondering if I should try ordinary sunbed at a shop. Has anyone tried these with any success please?

Posted Mon 5 Jul 2021 12.24 by Vicky

Hi Tina, sorry to hear this, thats really bad of them. The UVB canopies are the best ones to buy & safer. The best company is Much Better Skin (MBS), they are really good, I ordered one online from them last year, very good service, very pleased. https://treatpsoriasistl01uvblamps.co.uk/ My Skin was so bad, but it did improve within a few weeks of using it, but didn't clear up using it over the winter, it usually takes a few winters to improve more each time before clearing up, but even so, its the only thing that helps for me, Ive tried everything. Good luck, hope you improve soon.

Posted Thu 5 Aug 2021 18.14 by euans

Hello folks, Great to read all the success that so many fellow sufferers are having. I have a bit of a general question regarding everyones usage. Are you concerned at all about how many sessions you have to do to keep your psoriasis at bay or do you feel that any small risk is outweighed by the quality of life with clearer skin. I did a run of 30 at the start of the year (so now at about 90 in total including hospital treatments) and my psoriasis has now started to come back so will either wait a while and do another run or might start trying to do maintenance levels. Interested to hear what other peoples approach are. I quite like the idea of getting it clear and then a weekly or bi-weekly to keep it away but that could rack up the qty over a few years. Thanks in advance, cheers, Euan

Posted Wed 11 Aug 2021 20.02 by KeithOP

I have an as new philips tl-01 with 9 perfect authentic philips tubes all working fine available for sale @1200 or nearest offer in Lancashire (listed at £2340 new from MBS) Collection only (or buyer arranges shipping). More than happy to demonstrate it working perfectly on collection. https://treatpsoriasistl01uvblamps.co.uk/shop/canopies/upvc-canopy-with-up-to-9-philips-tl01-narrowband-tubes/ Perfect working order hardly used, selling due to downsizing and simply no room.

Posted Thu 12 Aug 2021 16.21 by Dave W

Hi Keith - I am interested in the Philips to 01 but it may be quite a long way off for collection (which I'd prefer to posting) as I'm in Leeds. Whereabouts in Lancashire? Thanks Dave

Posted Sun 15 Aug 2021 09.11 by Dave W

Hi Keith - I'd like to make an offer on the Philips tl-01. Please email me on davewalton33@googlemail.com Thanks Dave PS If you are not selling anymore do please let me know.

Posted Mon 16 Aug 2021 17.17 by KeithOP

Hi Dave, I'll email you :) but yes it's still available

Posted Tue 14 Sep 2021 15.38 by Philippa

Hi Everyone, I am looking at buying the handheld UVB light from MBS. I keep getting messed around by the hospital for starting UV light therapy so am just getting really frustrated. At the same time I simply cannot afford - nor will likely to be able to afford any time soon - the Canopy. I have pretty low coverage (scalp, elbows knees and a bit of calf) but I see lots of people suggesting that the handhelds don't work at all. So am I better off just forgetting about it? Also for those that have bought them and use them confidently - how did you know what to do? Any experience really useful!

Posted Mon 20 Sep 2021 08.42 by Tracyjane

I have hired one out to treat my son & the company said it’s considered safe to use once a year for 20 years without increasing rush of skin cancer. How are you people using it ongoing throughout the year is it not dangerous ? I’m so nervous 😟

To take part, sign in or register with us