UVB unit for home therapy.

Posted Thu 20 Oct 2022 20.37 by Sarbie

I also am taking slippery elm in the morning and safflower tea at night. On another forum some said it cleared theirs in 2 months with these 3 things. I recently started private uvb at £80 for a one minute session! I've had 7 sessions and can see a difference but it makes more sense for me to buy a unit for home. MBS have been great. They said up to 4 weeks for delivery but they are in London next week so I'm so lucky.

Posted Thu 20 Oct 2022 20.46 by lizzieg

Ah you are lucky. I had to wait 12 weeks for mine but was during lockdown number 2 when i orderd. Yes if you look into Dr Pagano he recommends the elm and tea. I have tried all sorts. His book and I went to see Jan De Vries a few times in the past too. Apple cider vinegar is good for inflamtion and gut too. Two table spoons in a pint of water everyday is good. I suffer from guttate and if I get a cold or other virus it is enough to flare it. Its hard but you are not alone.

Posted Thu 20 Oct 2022 20.52 by Sarbie

Thanks Lizzieg. Mine wasn't too bad a year ago but when I stopped using Enstillar it got worse and then last August I got sunburnt and had my first big guttate breakout on thighs etc. Think its known as Koebner phenomenon. Anyway I wish us both all the best with our journey on this.

Posted Fri 6 Jan 2023 20.55 by ChrissieA

Hi there! I am new to this forum and looking to invest in at home light therapy unit, had guttate since September and all the creams clear it up but then comes straight back as soon as I stop and worse than before. Looks like light therapy is the best option for GP but I cannot give the time to visiting hospitals 3 times a week between juggling job/ kids. The price is putting me off buying my own and looking to rent in the hope it clears over the 10 week rental period but then if it returns I will kick myself for having not invested in a unit. Any GP sufferers on here find that it does tend to return? It’s my first experience of psoriasis, in my mid 30’s bought on by strep, then got co-vid and flu in Dec which made it ten times worse. Also if anybody has a unit they want to sell I’d be interested, based on London. Thank you!

Posted Fri 6 Jan 2023 21.21 by lizzieg

Hi ChrissieA. Invest! I have had guttate since age 21. Now 38. I had hosptial UVB 4 times then decided 2nd lockdown to invest via MBS. I get flares with throat bugs. So I have had covid twice and tonsillitis and strep A this year. I initially did around 30 seasions June 2021 to get clear then summer helps. I have just had a little flare after Strep A I got before xmas so I have started using it again. I am a teacher and get everything. It is alot of money but for my mental health and ease of use, it is worth it. Any questions just ask!

Posted Fri 6 Jan 2023 22.45 by Sarbie (edited Fri 6 Jan 2023 22.47 by Sarbie)

Hi ChrissieA, I agree with lizzieg, it is definitely worth investing in. I have 4 types of ps and decided to buy a unit at the end if Oct. The difference it has made has been great, both physically and mentally. It's always chronic stress that causes my flare ups. I also bought mine from MBS. I paid a deposit and then instalments over a year so no big initial payout. If you contact MBS ask for Roy. He has been so helpful and has lots of knowledge. Not a pushy sales person either. I wish you all the best. PS, I am also based in London. Caroline

Posted Mon 9 Jan 2023 20.56 by ChrissieA

Thank you Lizzie and Caroline I have taken the rental with the view if it works I may keep it long term. It arrived today, I am beyond excited to think I am at last going to get rid of this! am I right in thinking you do 30 seconds on both sides and then take it up 10 seconds each session, 3 times a week. What’s the max you go up to? Thank you!

Posted Mon 9 Jan 2023 21.08 by lizzieg

Hi ChrissieA. Yes if your first time start on 30 secs front and back and increase by 10 secs each time. Is it curved? You may find you might need to stand on the side to get better coverage on the sides of legs/torso/arms etc. If you want to leave an email here I am happy to share with you my instruction manual from MBS. I usually do around 30 sessions if starting from 30 secs.

Posted Mon 9 Jan 2023 22.43 by ChrissieA

Thank you Lizzie if you could send to chrissieallen85@hotmail.com that would be great. Really appreciate it. Thank you both for helping me make a decision and hopefully be on the road to recovery! Was beginning to think I would never get rid of it. Fingers crossed I get the results you did.

Posted Tue 10 Jan 2023 07.22 by Sarbie

Hi ChrissieA, I have just the 5 tube unit and so I started with 30 seconds but did front, back and sides. I am still treating myself but much has cleared. You will find as it clears you will have 'shadows' or hyperpigmentation where it used to be but this will also fade in time. I wish you good luck and am glad you made the choice! Happy to answer and questions you have.:0)

Posted Sun 15 Jan 2023 15.32 by Kim

So glad to hear so many great results. I had guattate psoriasis all over my body. I purchased a sun bed from a lovely guy on this forum and I am so please to say that I have now been psoriasis free for over a year. I’m now looking to sell on my uvb sunbed that was originally purchased from mbs. If anyone is interested then please let me know 😊

Posted Sun 15 Jan 2023 17.52 by Sarbie

Hi Kim, it's great to hear your clear now. Do you mind me asking how long it took? I am mostly clear now but have stubborn areas at the top of my legs and inner upper thighs. Also, have you not had to do any top ups since clearing? I've read some people to regular top ups to keep it at bay.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 2023 23.11 by Billy2018

Hi all, Seems like a lot of you have had joy with the beds! Which one should I purchase a 5 or 9. I have psoriasis on my scalp/hair line, belly button and groin area. Thanks Billy

Posted Sat 21 Jan 2023 08.30 by Sarbie

Hi Billy, I am almost clear now so still using my unit. I had patches in places all over. Slowest areas to clear are the groin area. It hasn't really helped much with my scalp even though my hair is not thick. There is a big price difference between the 2. I opted for the 5 tube and just do a quarter turn. If you had the 9 you would just need to do either side. Hope that helps. Caroline

Posted Sat 21 Jan 2023 11.05 by Jez

Hi, I’ve just developed psoriasis. Has anyone noticed that everything feels incredibly soft/silky to the touch? Is it part of the condition, or maybe just down to all the moisturiser I’m applying with my fingers?!

Posted Sat 21 Jan 2023 12.46 by Sarbie

Hi Jez there is a type os psoriasis called inverse psoriasis which is flat and shiny. It appears in places like groin and armpits.

To take part, sign in or register with us