UVB unit for home therapy.

Posted Wed 4 Jul 2018 08.23 by tracey

Still here x

Posted Wed 4 Jul 2018 18.04 by lwrightuk (edited Wed 4 Jul 2018 18.05 by lwrightuk)

Evening all, Many thanks for coming back and replying to the original post. I'm new to this forum, so hello! I have suffered with Psoriasis since my early teens. It's taken a while for me to accept and understand that I am suffering from an auto-immune disease, there is no cure (at the moment) and that it is simply 'part of who I am'. There are times where I still struggle, just like everyone else. Over the past few years my condition has gradually become worse. I have previously (up until last week) been prescribed Exorex Lotion (and along with full body moisturising), which initially controlled my condition. Since December 2017, my psoriasis has become the worst it has ever been, especially on my legs. At times it was very painful. I've had numerous appointments with my doctor who just upped the amount of Exorex used daily. Fast forward to last week, another appointment but with a new doctor. Exorex has been replaced with Diprobase and Dovobet. Funnily enough, since stopping the Exorex I no longer have pain. I honestly believe that I was having a reaction to the Exorex! 4 days in and I can see results. I know that Dovobet is a very short term solution due the steriods so I am researching light therapy. I'm just wondering how you all have been getting on with your 'self treatment' since your original posts? Are you still using your beds? Jackie: How was your experience with Skin Matters Bristol - would you recommend? Summer & Tracey: Where did you purchase your bed from? Any help or advise you could share with me?

Posted Wed 4 Jul 2018 21.08 by Summer

Hi lwrightuk I had my bed from Much Better skin MBS the guy was very helpful over several phone conversations. The bed has helped my skin a lot, Iv tried not to use to so much with the better weather we have had, Iv no regrets buying it

Posted Wed 4 Jul 2018 21.53 by Jackie

Hi I had a great experience buying mine with Skin Maters delivery was on time & guy was really helpful.... I am clear thanks to the bed, I also use hemp cream from the body shop and found it to be great... I must stress if I didn't use the bed for a month or so it dos start to come back. it not a cure but it certainly help keep it at bay.

Posted Wed 4 Jul 2018 22.18 by tracey

Hi wrightuk, Like you i have suffered from psoriasis since my teens, i am now 56, so many years, and have tried everything going from creams, puva, acetretin, methotextrate etc, and all of them came with side effects!!! Last year i purchased from much better skin their uvb narrowband canopy for £1,360.00 as i was covered 80% of my body with psoriasis. Within 4 months i was 100% clear and continued to use the bed once a week to maintain. I discussed this with the hospital, whose supervision i have been under for many years and they understood my reason for self treatment because of the side effects i obtained using acetretin, which cleared my skin, but made my hair fall out, and methotextrate, again cleared my skin, but was causing other problems to my liver and bloods. So took the self help route of purchasing the uvb unit which again worked. I have had cancer twice in the past 10 years and my dermatologist wanted to try me on stelara which they did 6 months ago, this again had kept me 100% clear and at the moment no side effects which is great and the treatment only involves an injection every 12 weeks and bloods twice a year. So now considering selling my unit for 1000.00 if anyone interested? The unit was a godsend and i loathe to part with my safety net. But have to be realistic as at the moment just sitting doing nothing when it can help someone else. Only been used for approx 150 mins, less than 3 hours total. I have all the paperwork and instructions from much better skin and receipts from last July Tracey

Posted Thu 5 Jul 2018 17.17 by lwrightuk

Hi Summer and Jackie, How often per week do you use the sunbed for?

Posted Thu 5 Jul 2018 17.20 by lwrightuk

Hi Tracey, That's good to hear that you have now found a treatment which works. How often did you use the sunbed per week for?

Posted Thu 5 Jul 2018 19.53 by Summer

Hi In the winter my sink isnt such a problem for me, long sleeves trousers etc, it’s the summer months that bother me, so I would go on my bed 80 seconds on front turn round and do 80 seconds on my back, 3 times a week, I’d do that for 3 /4 weeks Then just managed it as and when, I would never let it get to bad, I just monitor it, pop on and off still it calms down, I counted up the times last night, since I had the unit may 2017 I have used it 75 times I don’t think that’s so bad, for the results Iv had, But we have had some lovely sun this last month, that really helps me.

Posted Thu 5 Jul 2018 20.28 by Jackie

I used it every other day to get rid of thick plaques ,then usually 2/3 times a week for a minute on each side just to keep it away.

Posted Thu 5 Jul 2018 20.31 by Jackie

Tracey put it on ebay, they go quickly. just put a buy it now price on. I was willing to travel to get one, but got outbid.

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 09.55 by lwrightuk

Hi Summer, So for you... 80 seconds front and back controlled it for you? How did you know where to start from and when to stop - time wise, or is it simply starting low and building the time up - making sure you don't burn?

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 09.56 by lwrightuk

Tracey: Where are you located?

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 11.47 by tracey

Southsea, near portsmouth, hampshire

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 11.54 by lwrightuk

Tracey: I'm just about to leave to work... I'm on the night shift today :-( When I get home tomorrow, I'll have a look and see if it would be feasible for me to drive down and have a look at your canopy. I'll need to look at my roster, days off and whether the distance is feasible to drive.

Posted Fri 6 Jul 2018 14.47 by tracey

Lwright, no worries....but just to let you know, i am going on holiday monday and won't be back until 27th July 😄

Posted Mon 30 Jul 2018 22.41 by Simon

Hi Tracey, I'm a guy in his 50's whose suffered since I was 14 with psoriasis. If you still have your unit for sale and no one else has jumped in I'd like to consider buying it please? thanks, Simon

Posted Mon 6 Aug 2018 10.29 by Nikki

Hi all, I'm also looking to buy a unit so if anyone knows of one coming up for sale please could you let me know? I've had several sessions of uvb at the hospital - brilliant result - but it's like 3 hours a day with travel etc 3 X week, I just can't do it again! Thank you.

Posted Mon 6 Aug 2018 12.14 by tracey

Hi Simon, Yes i have, just got back from holiday so not done anything about selling it. Tracey P.s. i live in Southsea, nr. portsmouth, Hampshire

Posted Wed 8 Aug 2018 16.32 by Simon

Hi Tracey, If it's still available and you want to sell please email me on 9797.88@gmail.com and we can make arrangements. I'm in Buckhurst Hill, about 2 1/2 hours drive. cheers Simon

Posted Wed 8 Aug 2018 18.48 by tracey

Hi Simon, Just to let you know, i have sent you an email Regards Tracey

To take part, sign in or register with us