UVB unit for home therapy.

Posted Wed 15 Aug 2018 23.01 by ChrisBaker

Hi Nikki, In response to your message on the 6th, i have a Philips 9 tube UVB light canopy for sale. If you are still interested in buying one, please let me know. Before this treatment my psoriasis was terrible, however I am now clear and would recommend it to anyone. Fantastic product. Chris

Posted Thu 16 Aug 2018 06.20 by tracey

Hi Anyone, I also have a 9 tube canopy for sale if anyone is interested. I live in the portsmouth area. Email me tkholloway@sky.com for more information. Thank you Tracey

Posted Thu 16 Aug 2018 15.17 by Nikki

Hi everyone, Thank you for your responses to my post above re looking for a treatment lamp. I'm happy to say that I do now have one - woo-hoo!! Happy days!! and I look forward to clearing my skin once and for all. Certainly the hospital sessions were fantastic so I'm following the same protocol. Definitely recommend this treatment to anyone! 😊

Posted Fri 14 Sep 2018 23.52 by Pete3k

Hi, I’m about to rent a 9 tune canopy from MBS . Should I continue using the Calcipotriol ointment and the Dermol 500 lotion the doctor prescribed as well using light therapy ? Thanks

Posted Sat 15 Sep 2018 09.08 by ChrisBaker

@pete3k, stop using your creams. The UVB lights will be enough. Make sure the bed you buy has 9 Philips tubes. The other brands aren’t as effective. I bought mine from MBS and it’s fantastic. Good luck

Posted Sat 15 Sep 2018 09.17 by Pete3k

Thanks for the advice . I’m renting it as my psoriasis is mild but I have too many patches to use the Philips blue control advance . I’m thinking of renting it for 8 weeks , but im open to extending it if needs be .

Posted Sat 15 Sep 2018 09.21 by ChrisBaker

You’re welcome. If viable, I would suggest buying a unit as opposed to renting. Reason being is lift therapy is great for clearing it for a good period of time, BUT, it’s not permanent. It will come back if / when you have extended breaks. Buying will likely work out more cost effective in the long run.

Posted Sat 15 Sep 2018 09.24 by Pete3k

Buying is definitely an option I’m looking in to , the rental is to see how I get on with the canopy before purchasing it outright.

Posted Sat 15 Sep 2018 12.01 by lwrightuk

My dealings with MBS have been excellent! Such a professional company to deal with and the owner/employees make a point of making sure all of my questions were answered fully. No hard sell either! I decided to go down the 'hire' route to begin with. I only started the treatment 1 month ago. Started at 40 seconds front and back, every other day, then have increased the time by 10 seconds. This morning I'm up to 1m 30 seconds. Don't try to increase the timings faster than your body can handle. I took a week off as I burned my nose... picture Rudolf! I've not noticed much of a change generally but understand that it could take some time before I see an improvement. Good luck. Fingers crossed for everyone on this journey to clear skin!

Posted Mon 24 Sep 2018 23.44 by Shippers77

Hey everyone! I’m new to site and my P is back with a vengeance and more aggressive then ever before since having my daughter. Is anyone selling a uvb canopy as I can’t wait 3 months for my hospital appointment :( My email address isjo.shipway@hotmail.com Thanks all :)

Posted Tue 2 Oct 2018 18.11 by Burk3

@lwrightuk Any update on if your home treatment began to work? Im tempted to purchase one of the mini units as 3 months to wait for my uvb referral is so long - just worried my psoriasis won’t respond to the uvb even though it did go away on my arms over summer due to the sun before coming back. Just wondering if uvb has not worked for anyone?

Posted Tue 2 Oct 2018 21.45 by lwrightuk

@Burk3 I've seen some improvement on the back of my arms and back where the psoriasis was not too bad. My legs are another story... they seem to be worse. Now I don't know if it's because of the light treatment or because I have been very ill (unrelated to psoriasis) these past 3 months. I have been quite stressed and have put it down to that. I'm persevering with the treatment and have just this week paid for another month. I'm keeping everything crossed that at some point I'll start to see a change on my legs.

Posted Wed 3 Oct 2018 14.22 by Simon

Hi, I bought my canopy from Tracey (who was great giving me all the information etc) on this site and I've used it 5 times for a couple of minutes each time and I have definitely seen some improvement. I think that knees and elbows might need isolated treatment. I originally had treatment at a hospital in a UVB enclosed unit and it was great, but the frequency I had to go for just a few minutes was frustrating so I opted for home treatment. I would check with your GP first though.

Posted Wed 3 Oct 2018 16.18 by tracey

Hi Simon, Glad to hear you are starting to see an improvement after such a sort time, each week you will se e more and more as you increase the time exposed under the light, it took about 12/14 week (so approx 36 sessions) for my skin to be clear. Regards Tracey

Posted Fri 2 Nov 2018 21.01 by Loulouweeze

Hi all I have a uvb single canopy for sale if anyone is interested? Only used about 6 times as after purchasing I began my light treatment at the hospital and I have been clear for around 3 months. Having UVB treatment has been the only thing to ease the symptoms and although it’s not fully gone, it’s much more manageable and looks more like dry skin. If you are interested my email address is weeza.atkinson@googlemail.com X

Posted Sun 11 Nov 2018 03.11 by Silverfox1703
I have bad plaque psoriasis on my legs which has responded to no treatments except uvb

I got a unit from skinmatters in Bristol but researched beforehand and the MBS units are the same. I found my body cleared with 150 seconds each side twice a week. The legs and arms take much more (around 6 mins). So I do whole body for 2-2.5 mins per side then don T-shirt and shorts and do another 4 mins per side. The leg clearance was much slower but is complete now. Other treatments were unsatisfactory for me and I did not want MTX or other chemical or biological treatments as my concerns are that the risks are higher than for UVB narrowband which appears to be the least risky form of phototherapy as well as the most effective for Psoriasis. Prior to purchase, I had 2 hospital courses of treatment which cleared my body but stopped before full clearance of my legs. I am therefore very happy to now have achieved full clearance and in maintenance mode.

Posted Sun 11 Nov 2018 12.25 by Carljones640

Hi all ,just registered And thought I'd share some experience I've had with the philips narrowband 311nm tubes. Had plaque psoriasis since I was 14 45 now , for years I had tried all different meds to no avail . So I did my own research and bought a cheap double sunbed about 15 year ago Stripped it down and stood both sides up so it's like a sun shower , then simply bought the tubes , at the time they where unavailable in this country so purchased from Scandinavia @ £53 each . Well worth it at the time and I continue to use it for maintenance only with dovebet when I'm busy doing shifts at work . For anyone wanting to save money go down this route , dont spend thousands from these companies , simply do it yourself . For the poster from Merseyside ,I'm in birkenhead if you need any help rather than hiring and spending lots of money . Was concerned about the skin cancer risks and was considering asking for consentyx but I've only got stubborn bits on legs so don't think I'll get it prescribed with being expensive . Good luck with all those who respond to the UVB ,

Posted Tue 13 Nov 2018 11.18 by Silverfox1703
I have bad plaque psoriasis on my legs which has responded to no treatments except uvb

I think skinmatters and mbs sell them at £69 a tube anyway. The rest of the cost is a one off for the unit.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 2018 09.08 by RedDwarf

This ia a really helpful discussion, thank you so much. I've just started hospital light therapy and after a week the spots on my back are noticeably paler and less bumpy. Legs and bottom very itchy though :(

Posted Thu 13 Dec 2018 15.34 by Julie_Andrews

Hi, Jackie! I know your problem well. I also have a uvb lamp, which I use at home. I buy it here https://uvb-lamps.com/. The effect is simply amazing. My skin looks better after half a year.

To take part, sign in or register with us