UVB unit for home therapy.

Posted Mon 18 Feb 2019 21.53 by matthewprime

Hi JB, I posted on converting a sunbed earlier in this thread. Yes, you can swap out 6 foot isuntan tubes for the Philips UVB tubes. Further info in my earlier post. If anybody wants a sunbed to upgrade, I have a 9 tube canopy here at South Croydon that is free to a good home. You just need to fit some Philips tubes. Email for details mp@digitalsp.co.uk

Posted Tue 19 Feb 2019 07.23 by OhNo_NotAgain?

It is very pleasing to see the forum working well to help someone based on others' direct experiences.

Posted Tue 19 Feb 2019 09.52 by JB

Thank You so much for your help, I am going to give this a go, fingers crossed it works! Expensive, but worth every penny if I can help my daughter achieve clear skin and feel happy again :)

Posted Tue 19 Feb 2019 21.13 by Eve29

Where best place to buy uvb tl01 narrow bands? MBS?skinmattersbristol?or anywhere else anyone knows.scared to death of spending 800 quid on something that is fake...

Posted Tue 19 Feb 2019 21.26 by Eve29

TT cycloporin is awful.works great and clears well...but only allowed on it for 6 months,Then get ready for the worse FLAIR ever.Made my psoriasis worse and even in new places 😞.worst thing i ever did was take it.Mexothrate prob best if you wanting tablet form

Posted Tue 19 Feb 2019 22.47 by lisab

hi does anyone have a uvb bed they are selling please or a standard sunbed that i can convert? :( tia..my email;budznbling@gmail.com

Posted Wed 20 Feb 2019 07.16 by TimW - 50 from Worthing

Does anyone know if you can rent these? I can only find some one in the north? Thinking about buying a few to rent out due to the lack of this. Do you think this would get demand ?

Posted Wed 20 Feb 2019 07.52 by andrea
have had p for too many years

Hi Ev 29 I bought a 9 tube UVB canopy from MBS last May. Its so worth the expense. I phoned them first to discuss how it works and about delivery and they were very helpful. When it was due to arrive they phoned to say they would be with me within an hour but as I was on holiday I had already given them my daughters phone number and they were happy for her to be there to receive it. They set it up in bedroom and showed her how it works and left a hand book. It comes with a years guarantee and you can order new tubes from them. As I only use it for 10 weeks from middle of March then once a week until September along with going in the sun if we have any ! These tubes should last a very long time.

Posted Wed 20 Feb 2019 12.11 by lisab

i found a company in south yorkshire that rent them out.but a long waiting list. (uvb beds) something like 280 for 8 weeks. was going to hire one after my holiday next month,but the hospital has granted me light treatment to start again next few weeks..so im looking at getting a cheap normal sunbed and buying the uvb tubes.great idea that someone else on here has done.i have also thought about buying a few units in the future and hiring them out as seems a great demand. plus helping people get access to clear skin.and the confidence gained in yourself is priceless. when i get one im going to ask local if anyone has p so i can let them use it for free. if i can help just one person with it then im happy

Posted Wed 20 Feb 2019 12.29 by Eve29

Thanks andrea :),im guna go with them and buy the tubes.i had light treatment when i was 17 and worked well with creams aswell.Do you how long you start off for? I have fair skin.carnt rember when i was hospital doing it was a long time ago.i rember missing a day and going again thats about it :)

Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 06.12 by madison (edited Wed 6 Mar 2019 07.19 by madison)

hi new to this discussion i suffered with psoriasis for over 30 yrs now i am 54 i am looking for anyone who selling a 9 tube uvb narrowband canopy just been placed on the waiting list for light treatment which takes forever i have had light treatment 3 times in the past 3 times a week travelling to hospital is to much for me as i suffer with serious depression if anyone is selling 9 tube uvb narrowband canopy could you please let me know thanks

Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 16.46 by Daisy P

Hi everyone.... hope you are all well :-) I’m new to this chat...but I’ve been reading over it a lot the last few months. I’ve suffered with psoriasis since I was 16 and I am now 31. Probably like a lot of people on here I’ve tried al sorts of weird and wonderful things to get rid of it but it’s very hard! I had managed to finally get it u set control using dovobet and tanning beds (which I know are bad but did help) I also had some uvb treatment and the hospital around 10 yrs ago which also really helped. In October I gave birth 2 my second son and then my skin got really bad...the worst it had been in over 5-6 years! I was applying the dovobet which did help a bit but wasn’t getting the results I wanted....this prompted me to purchase a 9 tube uvb bed from skin matters. I only used the bed about 4 times but I think I have noticed a slight improvement but there are some patches that seem to be quite red...I think I may have possibly have gone on for to long and aggrevated my skin a little :-( so I just wanted to get some friendly advice from anyone here if I could please......I’m desperate to clear my skin as we have a wedding to go to in Ibiza in May and the thought of going with my skin the way it is right now is making me very anxious! Should I carry on using my bed abs reduce the time on there? And also should I carry on using my dovobet for the tougher patches I can’t shift? I appreciate and advice and I’m sorry this thread is so long! Just wanted to give as much info as possible x

Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 22.31 by Jackie

Hi Daisy Welcome, How long are you going n the bed? your skin will go red mine did when I first started using it, it may also get a bit itchy but its nothing to worry about it will stop doing that. I started with 30 seconds upped it every week by 10 seconds. its entirely your choice to use the dovobet ut you will notice a difference in a few months. Hope this helps

Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 22.57 by Daisy P

Hi Jackie, Thankyou for coming back to me so quickly :-) Well I think I was a bit silly as I went straight on for 4 mins...as I had just returned from holiday...but now I’m thinking this was a mistake! I think I’m going to allow my skin to calm down a bit and the start the uvb again but beginning with the smaller dose of 30 secs like you have said abs gradually build up. I’m hoping I can get it under control and not have to use the dovobet anymore...or just every now and then. Are you using any steroids or anything else to keep it at bay or are you completely free of it now? Thanks Daisy x

Posted Wed 6 Mar 2019 23.23 by Eve29

Hi jackie,ive just got some uvb tubes and started last week.i went on for 30 sec then missed a day and did 40 sec,missed a day then 50 sec.Got up to 60 sec then burnt 😞.Have i been doing this wrong?i read to do 2-3 sessions a week.ive not been on for 2 days now cause im still abit red and really itchy.x

Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 02.44 by madison

Hi again i bought a normal sunbed today its a Philips used sunbed canopy with 8 6ft tubes 100watt . asked them to remove tubes it cost me 320 with delivery which i receive in the next 2weeks. next i am buying 8 Philips TL100W/01 6ft Narrowband UVB Phototherapy Tubes..from PsoriasisCare.co.uk they are 63 pound each total will be 541 pounds for the 8 including delivery its so expensive but i do believe i have no choice as going to hospital 3 times a week is so hard for me also after a while my psoriasis returns had 3 sessions in the past with amazing results totally clear but always returns, i do think this is the only way forward for me. my question to anyone who can help as anyone fitted theses tubes before also if anyting could go wrong with me fitting theses tubes to this canopy the supply of the canopy as said they would fit with no trouble but if my first time trying this project and hope it all works out total cost will be 861 pounds just hoping it money well spent for the future and keeps my psoriasis under control if anyone has any input please get in touch. thanks.

Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 09.17 by Jackie

Hi Daisy, I was totally cleared all throughout last year & didn't use the bed at all as we had good weather, but at Christmas it started to come back on my elbows and spots on my legs so I have started the bed again 1 min every night & its clearing up. I dont use any steroids at all now, I use the body shop Hemp cream as I find it works great for me & I use the hand cream on my elbows when they flare up it makes such a difference, but everyone has different experiences with creams & mouisturiser its just trying to get one that suit you. 4 mins is alot for that bed it can burn you if you arent used to it.

Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 09.21 by Jackie

HI Eve, I would just stick to the 30 sec's every other day for a few weeks then gradually build up time weekly. They are really strong & if you arent used to it it can burn you, you will get used to it, Hope this helps.

Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 09.24 by Jackie

Hi Madison, I am sure there is a few comments in this thread of someone who did what you are doing, you can also check you tube im sure there will be a video on that. As far as I am aware I think its just a case of switching the tubes over.

Posted Thu 7 Mar 2019 09.29 by TimW - 50 from Worthing

Hi All Got my shinny new sunbed yesterday from MBS and have been delighted with the service. Yes they are a lot of money but the 0% finance makes the hit easier to swallow! Will keep you posted on results!! Tim

To take part, sign in or register with us