Anal psoriasis

Posted Sun 14 May 2017 11.30pm by mattkirkbride13

Please does anyone have any advice on how to treat anal psoriasis? I've tried many creams and ointments and nothing seams to work other than steroid based medicine. I'm really worried about the long term effect of using steroid ointments on such a sensitive area! Please does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Fri 19 May 2017 8.47am by Leah Palmer

Try the cream from humankind I havent tried it yet but there shampoo for scalp psoriasis is amazing, its natural too. I really feel for you. I have it under where my bra rubs and it gets soo itchy that I have to rub it and god knows what people think. Hope this helps you mattkirkbride13

Posted Thu 25 May 2017 12.49pm by thin-skinned (edited Thu 25 May 2017 12.50pm by thin-skinned)
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

It's impossible to suggest something as what helps me might set up a reaction in somebody else.

Now that is out of the way, I have found Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Visibly Renew Elasti-Boost Body Lotion helps with the self chafing result of sitting and getting hot when walking. I got my last pot from Boots but also saw it in Tesco only yesterday.

http://www.boots.com/neutrogena-norwegian-formula-visibly-renew-elasti-boost-body-lotion-250ml-10190729

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=288058992

Posted Sun 28 May 2017 11.48pm by Mikki1986

I too suffer with this and now cannot use my steroid cream due to pregnancy its a nightmare. I even had a blood test for food intolerance and cut out dairy but no improvements. Would love to know some natural creams that work .

Posted Tue 30 May 2017 7.40pm by Psoriasaurus Rex
Sick and tired of scratching the surface - want a cure.

Sorion Cream natural and fantastic.

Posted Wed 28 Jun 2017 7.03am by Rich

Seriously guys the best and gentlest stuff you can use on sensitive areas is vaseline forget all these expensive creams that you have to check the ingredients on for additives that may make you sore just vaseline, it's completely safe to use anywhere and keeps the skin very hydrated try it it works

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
Fax :
01604 251 621

© The Psoriasis Association Registered Charity: 257414 Scotland: SC039886 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.