Anal psoriasis

Posted Wed 8 Mar 2023 17.07 by Mario64

See the history of posts in this thread for advice. But the lowdown is as follows: 1. Use steroid cream twice daily to bring anal psoriasis to a calm state. This should help with the micro fissures. It may take several weeks to achieve. 2. At the point it is fully or at least almost fully healed, stop using the steroid cream and switch to protopic ointment 0.1% (which is not a steroid) and use this daily for a few weeks. 3. Try to reduce protopic e.g. once every other day, and keep on like this until you realise how frequently you need to use it to keep the issue at bay. 4. If you have another flare, go back to step 1. (Protopic burns on inflamed skin and is not very good at bringing flares under control) 5. Wash after every bowel movement with dermol 500 cream and water. If you find a more successful protocol, let us know.

Posted Fri 10 Mar 2023 20.51 by Tiggy

I think using wet-wipes made mine worse by drying the skin. I only use the aloe vera ones now and not as often. I've been using Thunderbird Skincare Rescue Balm on my ears and that seems to be working well. Will try it on other areas now.

1 Posted Mon 13 Mar 2023 12.26 by Rajkumar

Have any one experienced side effects of long term use protopic ointment ???

Posted Mon 13 Mar 2023 15.32 by Mario64

You asked this on the previous page and got several responses? I am unsubscribing to this post now guys, it gets a bit frustrating having to log back in every time a message is sent so I can reply. I have repeated the same advice multiple times and don't think I will have any more to add. Also not great if my kids or friends or colleagues are looking at my screen when I get an email notification "a reply to ANAL PSORIASIS" it makes everyone awkward, nobody wants to know I have anal issues

Posted Tue 14 Mar 2023 12.15 by Rajkumar (edited Tue 14 Mar 2023 12.16 by Rajkumar)

Sorry brother mario64....I have some error issues to see previous rply messages related to protopic . Now my issues have resolved. Many many thanks to mario64.

Posted Wed 17 Jan 2024 15.15 by Shashika

I was suffering psoriasis over 10 years and couple of months ago i got anal fissures and I had no idea whether it has a connection to psoriasis or not. By the way last week i realized there is some itchy and kind a psoriasis feel around the anus and the penus. Now it confirmed there is connection between psoriasis and keep getting anal fissures. It's terrible experience after bowl and some days are so hard to spend. Also it make me angry and i miss lot of works during that kind hard time. im taking meditation from the demotologist for psoriasis. I'm just curious how to face these anal things for rest of my life. Any advice or any treatment to heal, or manage are appriciate 🥺. I have fixed my marriage later on may 2024. And just thinking how this will affect to my relationship and the sexual life 😕.

Posted Thu 18 Jan 2024 05.38 by Peter

Hi, to all my fellow suffers. I believe I have the answer for the relief of majority of you. I suffered a anal fissure for over 15 years, it was terrible, pain most of the time, even with pain relief creams, etc. Some which brought more pain. And the burning, etc, when doing a poo.....horrible!!!! The only thing I changed was to install a cheap $15 bidet (water squirter) under my toilet seat. I used this to wash away the poo (especially when I had the runs - fells like like acid burning your skin).. At first it was a little painful, but the cold water was like a pain reliever. But after a week my pain started to go away.....I COULDN"T BELIEVE IT!!!! Actually having less pain, then eventually "no pain". I learnt it was best to use the toilet paper to pat or press not rub it on my anal area to not make the area tare again. Now I use the bidet (water squirter) every time, if not I start to suffer pain again. I believe the fissure is slowly healing up, but I think my skin is still very sensitive in my anal area, so if I started to not use the bidet & just use toilet paper to wipe myself, I would aggravate the area again & I would open up a fissure - so I still have Psoriasis, but the bidet cleans my bottom well, without me reopening the fissures, etc., I now use no creams....nothing. But if I go out I take a portable bidet (a squirter bottle) in my car or bag always, & wash the poo away. This has changed my life - totally. I used to live life suffering pain always, wioth. But now I'm pain free!! You can install a cheap bidet under your toilet seat for around $15 (AUS) or buy a portable one for around $10. Hope this helps everyone. I been pain free for over a year now - its wonderful.

Posted Wed 21 Feb 2024 02.40 by Frogman

Hello, I have had psoriasis for 12 years now. My father had it and got the "Red Skin Syndrome" from taking too many steroids. The MD told him to stop all steroids because his body was too hot! He had the pustules all over his body and it would crack and weep. A friend told him to try high dose Co-enzyme Q10 like the 120-200 mg per capsule. This eventually brought his skin back from the red skin syndrome. He still had some symptoms but never as bad. I will not use any steroids because of his reaction. So I have used a combination of vitamins and herbs over the last 10 years now with some success. I have used pycnogenol, and PQQ, along with other anti-inflammatory supplements (anything that suppresses (IL-6, IL-17) these act to decrease the inflammatory response. I was able to get rid of the large plaques on my legs wit these supplements. I will add to this post in a week or so God Bless!

To take part, sign in or register with us