psoriasis on lips

Posted Sun 21 May 2017 13.41 by priceless

Have psoriasis on body and scalp plus very sore and pealing lips. Could it be psoriasis on my lips and if so what is the best remedy.

Posted Sun 21 May 2017 15.52 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

P on the lips is very rare so I urge you to see your GP to establish exactly what it is. What ever you do, do NOT self treat, because you could end up poisoning yourself! Good luck and don't forget to come back to let us all know how you got on :thumbup:

Posted Sun 21 May 2017 18.39 by priceless

Thanks thin-skinned. Will do as you say. P really sucks at the moment. The sooner they find a cure which does mess with either your skin or your immune system the better. Lips could be an allergy .

Posted Thu 7 Dec 2017 21.50 by Trace

I've been diagnosed with p of the lips - they are always dry, but when they flare up it's agony and looks horrendous.. Flaking, seeping, scabbing and itching me to hell. I think it's caused by stress and not helped by cold winds. At first they gave me creams which made it worse. Can't use vaseline or aqueous, or lip balms or chapstick as they make the itch much worse. The only thing that relieved it at all was Olive oil until I was given a steroid cream for 5 days use only. That sorted it out. Now I use Epiderm cream which really helps to alleviate the dryness.

To take part, sign in or register with us