Managing my psoriasis with diet and supplements - evidence-based

Posted Sat 10 Jun 2023 22.04 by LaughingFlea

Hi Nessie1869, Thank you for your post, it was an interesting reading to me. I have had psoriasis for years, but I remember one oldish doctor gave me Biotin many, many years ago. I will need to look into it and see what and why. I have already stopped glute, dairy, wine, peanuts and I take friendly bacteria and vitamin D. It looks like I need to add just a bit more of them. I only have a scalp psoriasis which comes bad or goes away a bit, depending on time of the year or, as you said: food I consume. Best wishes.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 2023 11.57 by Silver Fox

In answer to your question keez1. I have previously done carnivore which is how I realised it had a psoriasis clearing effect for me. I now do have a small amount of bread (1 slice of toast per day) and avoid/minimize consumption of white carbs. Ie potatoes, cakes etc. So meat plus other normal veg. Full carnivore is rather boring and quite expensive. Re: dairy. I eat some cheese (not daily) but lots of eggs. Minimum 2 daily. I occasionally drink milk but only the full fat version (ideally raw milk as a treat) Also re the supplements I mentioned, I've now dropped the glutamine from my daily regime. Everything else stays the same. I went on holiday recently and decided not to take all the supplements with me and, guess what? My calves and shins started with red patches again. Very interesting I thought

Posted Tue 4 Jul 2023 19.34 by VARSHA P

Hi Nessie It's old post. But your post is quite helpful. Going to try what you have written. Can you please update on your condition at the moment. Thanks

Posted Mon 17 Jul 2023 16.34 by italiadude (edited Mon 17 Jul 2023 16.35 by italiadude)

I've had gutate psoriasis ever since I got a strep throat over 10 years ago, I've been to the dermatologist many times, but nothing works & dovobet cream is destroying my skin so I stopped using it. Has anyone tried artichoke tisana? It's supposed to clean out your liver & clear up psoriasis. I have a natural herb place near me and the guy keeps telling me you'll never clear your psoriasis if you don't flush out your liver toxins...is there any truth to this ?

Posted Sat 29 Jul 2023 05.31 by traveladdict

I take the normal vitamins as supplements to my diet. The the vitamins never made a difference to my psoriasis. I take EmulinC, Its a potent flavinoid, and it reduces the markers of Psoriasis, namely TNAF. I take about 100,000 Vitamin D, once per month because Im always low, and this keeps me from being tired.. I take 8 capsules of EmulinC (I get them from my naturopath, shes a wonderful humble lady) My diabetes has reversed. Due to EmC (its magical) I take a prebiotic to feed my gut. Hydration is important, electrolytes, otherwise, I get dehydrated. I eat everything, and anything as long as the carbs are under 100gs. Thanks:)

Posted Wed 2 Aug 2023 06.42 by italiadude

Are Prebiotics helping at all? I have this strange form of guttate psoriasis..it can go away completely for 2-3 months then boom it comes back blood red and itchy all over for another 2-3 months. Drives me insane when I go to the doctor and they tell me ..."oh you should be grateful you any have this, there are people way worse off than me"...like this is supposed to make me feel better 😆 doctors are giving me nothing but dovobet, but it's thinning my skin I gotta stop

Posted Tue 8 Aug 2023 16.30 by kad1220

I was diagnosed 5 months ago as being severe. I had psoriasis on knees, calves, elbows, hands, butt, back and genitals. Having only 1 kidney I chose to stay away from the medicines and tried the "heal your gut" approach. I started an elimination diet and for the first 35 days took L-Glutamine each morning. I noticed no difference in my condition. I then started the Jason Vale "skin deep" program which for me has worked (so far). I did the cleansing drink for breakfast and lunch. For dinners I ate an elimination diet. I took all the supplements from his program except for Red Clover & Burdock Root Tea. It took me about 50 days to get 75% clear. My back and butt seem to be clearing the slowest. During the day I use store bought psoriasis creams, but at night I have been using ghee (organic) and I have to say that it has been working amazing. (Note: the ghee does not stop itching and is very oily) As my skin clears and I use the ghee, I am losing the redness and the scarring is minimal. I wish I had done before and after pics, but I did not. I have started re-introducing foods (nightshades first) as I slowly work to find what my triggers are. I am understanding now why some people once they clear just stay vegan. That may be the route I end up finally settling on also. Hope this helps or is useful to someone out there.

Posted Wed 20 Sep 2023 00.45 by laurelp52

Leaky Gut, This affects your whole system. It contributes to Psoriasis. Collagenous Colitis (also named Microscopic colitis) also is associated with "leaky gut". If anyone is familiar with Edgar Cayce medical texts, he also attributes the gut to skin diseases. All the supplements you named are a must and much research and anecdotal stories bear that out. Eliminating all animal fat and most fats except Olive Oil and the natual fats in vegetables like avocadoes, etc. is critical. Double up on one-day multiple vitamins also. Having been diagnosed with collagenous colitis in 2000 I went to my herbalist who created a special herbal formula for me that controls the diahhrea for months at a time. I also found that Probiotics and cod liver oil capsules are a huge help. Probiotics are also a must with Psoriasis. I've been diagnosed with Plaque Psoriasis in Florida and will be receiving my Skyrizi shot on Sept. 22, 2023. Reading the forums has given me hope that it may work well for me.

Posted Tue 17 Oct 2023 00.46 by Gabby (edited Tue 17 Oct 2023 00.48 by Gabby)

Hi I have palmoplantar psoriasis . After I was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease and went on very strict gluten and cow milk diet my psoriasis started to improve. I don’t have any issues on my fingers now. The skin on the feet is very dry but not flaky. I take vitamin D 1000 IU with K2 , magnesium and vitamin C everyday. Vit B complex, A, E and zinc twice a week . If I make a mistake with the diet the psoriasis immediately comes back and then I include Biotin 8 mg. I am also intolerant to oats. I am so thankful to the doctors that they found I have Coeliac.

To take part, sign in or register with us