sex

Posted Mon 4 Sep 2017 22.23 by BobbyJean
I love heavy metal xx

I am a 56 year old psoriasis sufferer and would be lying if I said it has not affected my sex life. It has literraly ruled my sex life. All on my part mainly because I could not bear my partner to see me naked or to touch my scaly skin even in lights out. I feel like I have missed out on so much fun. How my other half has put up with me I will never know.

Posted Mon 4 Sep 2017 22.34 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

From my wife's point of view my skin patches and scales etc have never featured in the way she feels and cares about me and it's had almost no detraction to our physical side, where age and joint related conditions have. I am 5 yrs older than my darling, but we still occasionally indulge even if I do need a little blue pill to give added support if you get my drift; so put your P to one side of your mind and let the other side take over as our brains are our drivers.

Posted Tue 5 Sep 2017 07.14 by andrea
have had p for too many years

my partner says he doesn't notice my skin but when you have red spots on your boobs and over your stomach and back even tho dovabet settles it down for a day or so, its still visible and you just don't feel sexy. He says he never knows if I'm interested or not because of my negativity to how I look so we rarely have sex theses days and its affecting our relationship .Sometimes I just want to be on my own so that's one less thing to worry about.

Posted Fri 8 Sep 2017 19.45 by BobbyJean
I love heavy metal xx

Hi Andrea my partner says the same to me. We have been together for 35years. And my situation sounds very much like yours. I want to feel sexy. I am a sexy person really but this bloody P puts a real damper on sex. Even though he says it doesn't bother him he always seems much more interested in me when I've had light treatment when I am clear for a few weeks.

Posted Sat 9 Sep 2017 13.41 by Idy
Phototherapy, methotrexate, ciclosporin and stelara afficionado

I don't think it's affected my partner's drive, but it's definitely affected mine. My skin is just too sore and painful, and I'm too tired from lack of sleep due to burning and itching, for any kind of physical activity.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 2017 09.31 by Roland

You are lucky to have some sex drive left, my wife lost hers over 15 years ago and it has caused major problems in our relationship nearly leading to divorce. Whilst my P has caused problems at times it is nothing to having no interest at all!

Posted Thu 14 Sep 2017 11.38 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Don't forget it takes two to generate the right atmosphere and that the brain is the largest most active sexual organ.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 2017 21.40 by Fayeface

I'm 30 years old, a single mother and have absolutely no wish for anyone to see me naked.... so future looks great for my love life! Who wants to sleep with someone covered in scales... 😢

Posted Mon 2 Oct 2017 20.47 by Stefan1983
Severe Psoriasis on all limbs, and Psoriatic Arthritis.

Hi everyone. Fayeface I'm in a simmilar situation, I dont want to be seen uncovered by anyone, people who dont have Psoriasis dont get it. I went to a news agents near a friends the other week in a t-shirt, I have Psoriasis patches all over, including my arms, and the man behind the counter gave me this funny/disgusted look, and asked what happened to my arms. It was really embarasing/humiliating, and I know it would be even more embarasing if a lover looked at me with the same sort of look due to my Psoriasis. Thats not to say I have no interest in sex, it's more how the person i'm with could react when they see or feel my skin.

Posted Tue 3 Oct 2017 18.03 by Fayeface

When I was on holiday in Egypt some one who worked at the hotel thought I'd been bitten all over by mosquitoes! Ha! That was embarrassing.... I guess you just have to hope that people aren't that shallow. It will be a long time till I'm that brace though. Good luck to you.

Posted Tue 3 Oct 2017 21.17 by Roland

Went to the Caribbean last January and couldn't wear shorts or T shirts because of my skin, spoilt the holiday for me!

To take part, sign in or register with us