Hair dye?

Posted Tue 10 Oct 2017 14.07 by chughes01

I'm doing a project for school and I was wondering if anyone would answer my questions. I have psoriasis but have never dyed my hair, so I can't answer the questions myself. Not many people have psoriasis so there isn't many people who I could ask. The questions are: 1) Have you ever had your hair dyed? 2) Did you have a flare up of your Psoriasis before you got your hair dyed? Did this affect you having your hair dyed? 3) Did you get your hair dyed in the salon or was it a box dye? 4) Did you or the hairdresser do a patch test before you dyed your hair? 5) Would you ever use Henna Dye as a substitution to dying your hair as it uses natural chemicals? Thank you to whoever answers my questions it would mean a lot since it is for my GCSE assessment.

Posted Wed 22 Nov 2017 19.08 by Raine

Hi That's an interesting project to do. I hope you get some more responses soon. My answers are: 1. Yes - I've been dying my hair regularly for many years now (over 10 years I think) - semi permanent colour 2. I had psoriasis before I had my hair dyed but not on my scalp. The scalp psoriasis only really started a couple of years ago and because it started off as a small patch I just carried on having my hair coloured every 6 weeks or so as normal. 3. I always had it done by a hairdresser 4. I didn't have a patch test done ( but didn't have the scalp psoriasis when I first had it done ) 5. When my scalp psoriasis flared up I did wonder at first whether the chemicals would aggravate it but actually I have always found my scalp has been better for the couple of weeks after getting my hair done so for me I think the chemicals help calm it down. I wouldn't consider changing brands or using Henna now. Hope that helps and good luck with your project

Posted Sat 25 Nov 2017 13.11 by driver

Hi, here is mine- 1. Yes, 2. No flare ups before as I've only had it for 2yrs and it hasn't stopped me. 3. Mostly I use boxed dyes (semi-permanent) Used a salon sometimes. 4. No patch test at the salon (no psoriasis then) or at home. 5. I have never used henna, I have a preferred brand/colour and I stick to that. When it first flared I stopped for a while but it didn't make a difference so I now carry on. My hair and scalp feel better after it's done. maybe as a change from regular Tgel./Capasal shampoo.? Good luck with your GCSE assessment.

To take part, sign in or register with us