Help please!!

Posted Thu 1 Aug 2013 22.18 by SarahG
It affects my whole life, from waking to sleeping. I have it quite widespread so always fear that people will think differently of me or thi

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but not new to psoriasis! I've had psoriasis since I was around twelve years old and I'm twenty four now so I have quite a bit of experience with it. I've found for the last couple of months I'm really starting to struggle with it tho, not physically but more (dare I say it) psychologically. My psoriasis has always been widespread, from my scalp down to my feet, but lately I've found it affected my face a lot more and I've become really self conscious of it. I get the feeling that people will look at me differently and think that I am somehow dirty because of the way my skin looks. I've had psoriasis long enough to know that this is silly but I can't help but cover up constantly (difficult in the hot weather we've been having!). Has anyone else felt like this and maybe know how I can get out of this rut and 'pull myself together'? Sorry for the long winded post by the way and thanks in advance for your kind help! :)

1 Posted Sat 3 Aug 2013 20.28 by mrallison (edited Sun 26 Jan 2014 15.41 by leoparstars)
Scalp and some parts of my legs and arms

Hi Sarah, I'm a Brit living in the USA. I have found a shampoo called MG 217 and for me has been fantastic. I used to use Polytar or T gel the MG 217 is the best. You can buy it on Amazon UK but the price is £19 for an 8oz bottle + £4 shipping. My head has not itched since i have been using it. I also use head and shoulders in-between. Hope this helps.

Posted Sat 3 Aug 2013 22.45 by charleychick (edited Wed 7 Aug 2013 23.06 by camelblue)
to the point where i want to crawl out of my own skin!!!!!

i wish the wheat n gluten free worked for me bit it didnt do anything and same goes for creams!!! SUCKS and still suffering but feel more like a fool for believing it wud work for me should have known i wouldnt be that lucky!! this psoriasis is going no where fast, wish i was a snake id shed it all and stick my fingers up at it as i slithered away :) lol

Posted Wed 7 Aug 2013 23.10 by SarahG
It affects my whole life, from waking to sleeping. I have it quite widespread so always fear that people will think differently of me or thi

Thanks for your help guys :) I will try that shampoo that you mention mrallison, my doctor told me today that I have to stop using all soaps and shampoos (apart from those he recommends) until my flare up calms down a bit but I will tell him about this shampoo and get some off amazon - anything is worth a try! Charleychick it's interesting to here that a change in diet didn't seem to help you, I quit smoking and never drink and didn't really get much benefit, I was tempted to cut out gluten too but never had the will power (strange I know considering I quit smoking for my skin but I guess I'm more addicted to bread then tabs!!) Thanks again for your help :)

Posted Thu 8 Aug 2013 07.34 by charleychick
to the point where i want to crawl out of my own skin!!!!!

Hi ya i keep seeing ads about this bloke called anthony taylor he has a E book and apparently can cure your psoriasis in 3 days lmao??? how i dont know lol!!! prob is i dont know if its a scam or what have any of u tried it or heard of him??? :) im going to repost this is the main section and hopefully somebody knows eeek

Posted Mon 7 Oct 2013 13.21 by mustbetuesday
I have had psoriasis since I was 10 years old. (40 years ago now) Have been hospitalised once when I was 18.

Hi Sarah; Its not so hard to go Gluten free :) There are plenty of alternative products in the free from sections in supermarkets. I had Psoriasis for 40 years before I tried a Gluten free diet. I really wish I had known about it when I was 24!!! My Psoriasis is now completely gone since going gluten free, and I would recommend anyone with Psoriasis tries going gluten free!!!

Posted Tue 8 Oct 2013 00.42 by Jay
I have had psoriasis for 5years. It isnt too bad through the summer months but flares up during the winter. I am embarressed to show my legs

Hey Sarah, I have tried many prescribed creams and have found that none work for me. When my folks went abroard they brought back a herbal treatment and it has really worked for me! Its a combo of jojoba lotion, aloe vera gel and sandlewood oil. Two tbsp jojoba, two tbsp aloe vera and five-seven drops sandlewood oil mis together and apply twice a day x

Posted Tue 8 Oct 2013 00.44 by Jay
I have had psoriasis for 5years. It isnt too bad through the summer months but flares up during the winter. I am embarressed to show my legs

Sorry...I also find that tomatos, strawberries ans pineapples flare my psoriasis badly. Hope this helps x

To take part, sign in or register with us