Methotrexate

Posted Sun 15 Oct 2017 20.40 by Chris7319

Hi i have just been told by a doctor that my psoarisis is now at a severe level. I can no longer be treated with creams so he said i need to think about going on to methotrexate. Is anyone on it ok are they struggling with it. I am terrified about using it after reading lots of things about it. I know that not everyone will get side effects. But i am not sure i should do it or not although it hurts and i my skin and scalp are bad but i am not putting a life changing drug in to my body.

Posted Mon 16 Oct 2017 12.56 by Idy
Phototherapy, methotrexate, ciclosporin and stelara afficionado

Hi Chris. There have been a few posts about Methotrexate in the 'Talk About Treatments' forum section very recently, so hopefully they'll give you an insight into people's experiences: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/treatments

Posted Sat 21 Oct 2017 18.16 by Chellx2

I have been on methotrexate for over 3 years now and it completely cleared all my plaque psoriasis, side effects for me were boils on my face which wasnt nice but that lasted for about a year, also nausea when i take it to the point i couldnt swallow the tablets anymore so switched to the injection which is better. I personally would recommend using this drug it did what i needed it to do My dose has just been increased due to me having a severe reaction to a biologic drug called humira which has left me with a rare form of psoriasis now called pustular psoriasis which i hope they find a cure for because its a vile disease.

Posted Sat 21 Oct 2017 18.48 by Chris7319

Thanks guys for sharing you experiences with me god i hate psoarisis. Maybe one day we will all be clear. And do normal things like getting your hair cut without worryin

To take part, sign in or register with us