Shampoo

Posted Thu 9 Nov 2017 11.45 by mickymac

Hi all, new to this site and am looking for some help. Am aged 60 and had psoriasis for 47 years. Can control most of it through my diet, but recently have had flare up in my scalp. Have used "halo & horns" kids shampoo for over 6 years and not had an itchy scalp. Unfortunately this is no longer available. It was a shampoo with no "foaming" ingredient in it. Am now looking for a similar type of shampoo. In the past I've tried the majority of "psoriasis" shampoos on the market, "T-Gel" and the likes of, and found them to be pretty much useless. Due to my job I shampoo twice a day usually, and my scalp is now driving me nuts ( ran out of "halo &horns" 2 months ago). I got the "halo & horns" tip from the "Psoriasis Help Organisation" website years ago, but having just re-visited their website It now seems to be all but useless and difficult to use. I do remember that they mentioned another shampoo with similar ingredients but I can't remember the name and can't even get any hints on their site. Anyway, if anyone on here can recommend a shampoo they know of that actually works, I'd really appreciate you letting me know. Thanks for taking the time to read this. mick

Posted Thu 9 Nov 2017 14.27 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Have you tried Capasal Shampoo? That has salicylic acid (aspirin in liquid form) as an ingredient and that helps loosen the scaly bits. I shower mornings before breakfast and again about 3hrs before going to bed and use the Capasal on both occasions .. I am convinced its the Capasal that keeps my scalp under control

Posted Wed 29 Nov 2017 18.26 by Sallyh

I use good old head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner combined for itchy scalp and swear by it, can't use anything else as itching comes back, never had anything been so good. Plus it's a lot cheaper that Psoriasis shampoos

Posted Tue 5 Dec 2017 11.00 by Mark

I use Soak and Float shampoo from Lush but it does contain a foaming agent. I think Lush also offer shampoos without it. Probably best to check with them in one of their shops or on their website.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 2018 22.07 by jerryg

My doctor prescribed me CIbex clobetasol prooponate. It helps me a lot.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 2018 15.13 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

Posted Sat 13 Jan 2018 20.59 by MyLittlePony
Diagnosed PSA January 2018

Hi. The few I’ve found that work are sadly expensive. The best which was discontinued but is back for sale again is Aveda Scalp Benefits - plus my hair looks amazing with this! Also try Philip Kingsley shampoo which is similar but not quite so natural.

To take part, sign in or register with us