Methotrexate

Posted Fri 10 Nov 2017 7.46pm by Sheila54

Hi all. I have just started taking methotrexate for my Psoriasis, I have to confess I am scared of taking it. I waited 6 months for an appointment to see consultant, had appointment on Monday and he prescribes bed this for me. I'm apprehensive of the potential side effects, I know I shouldn't complain because I have waited 51 years to have clear skin, I will give this a try, just wondering if anyone else has used this with success. Thank you

Posted Sat 11 Nov 2017 8.03pm by Ivor
32. Covered from neck to ankles (Oct 2017). Very sore and itchy. Due to start biologics in Feb 2018.

Hi Sheila. A few years ago I was on Methotrexate for about six months, during which I gradually increased the dosage to the maximum. I had some minor side effects in the couple of weeks (e.g. nausea). Unfortunately there was no effect on my psoriasis, so I stopped and tried other treatments. I hope it works for you, though,

Posted Tue 14 Nov 2017 4.27pm by Deanotjeffs

Hi, I have had years on Methotrexate for my Psoriasis and mainly my Arthritis. Can honestly say it wasn’t a great help at all and made me feel poorly! I really hope it works for you though but can understand why you’re worried. x

To take part, sign in or register with us

The Psoriasis Association is the UK's leading national charity and membership organisation for people affected by psoriasis – patients, families, carers and health professionals Read More >

Get in touch

The Psoriasis Association Dick Coles House 2 Queensbridge Northampton NN4 7BF

Email: mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk

Tel :
01604 251 620
Fax :
01604 251 621
Registered with Fundraising Regulator -

© The Psoriasis Association Registered Charity: 257414 Scotland: SC039886 Privacy PolicyCookies

Site by Spoken Image | glitterfish

We use cookies to help us provide you with a better service, but do not track anything that can be used to personally identify you.

If you prefer us not to set these cookies, please visit our Cookie Settings page or continue browsing our site to accept them.