Methotrexate. Yes or No?

Posted Fri 22 Dec 2017 21.14 by Tpaguon

Hey all! Ive been struggling with psoriasis for the past 5 years now. It was bearable in the beginning but this is the worst I have ever been. Psoriasis has ruined my social life, sexual life, and self confidence. It's turned me against myself and my body. I've been on topical steroids and UVB therapy for years now and it's just not cutting it anymore. Psoriasis is just appearing in places it's never been before. The stress and time I don't have by having to go to UVB treatment every 2 days at the clinic. I've been told by 3 doctors, that I need to be put on methotrexate. All that worries me is, I do want to have more babies. Am I selfish for putting off having another baby (for now) so I can have some peace and clear? I feel like a bad mother for potentially ruining the chance of my son having a sibling. Pls help me with any advice!

Posted Sat 23 Dec 2017 15.23 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

There is a more modern alternative to metho which is called Otezla, but like metho is best avoided during pregnancy. I think only you can decided when to increase your family and its a difficult decision. I would ask myself how would I cope with another pregnancy while the ever invasive P stamped yet more eruptions over my body.

Posted Sun 24 Dec 2017 17.04 by Tpaguon

My first pregnancy but P was nothing close to what it is now. Any success stories or pregnancy after Metho?

Posted Fri 29 Dec 2017 00.48 by smurfette
hi I'm Lisa I'm 35 I have suffered from psoriasis my whole life

hi I'm 29 and have suffered from psoriasis my whole life I was given methotrexate and had the dose upped every time I went back I got to 15mg a week your only aloud 25mg a week it started making me be sick and was told by my dermatologist that I still had to use all my topical treatments as the methotrexate wasn't working I would never go back on it

Posted Sat 6 Jan 2018 23.05 by Sue P

No,never, side effects horrendous, no improvement.

To take part, sign in or register with us