Hi - newbie here!

Posted Tue 2 Jan 2018 03.09 by Halt and catch Fire

I've had P since I was 4 years old (BTW, happy new year!!!) After 20 years of relying on conventional meds I just wrapped it all up in 2013 and concentrated on a better lifestyle, a healthier one and so far it's controllable. I do use moisturisers from the pharmacy, giving natural oils greater authority. Besides that, I had enough of UV treatments, ointments, steroids and those tablets which keep getting stronger and stronger. I recall i was last on methotrexate - horrible drug! Prior to that, Cyclosporin worked wonders, well for a while anyway. From one drug to the next, one strength/dosage to the next, i had tried it all, all sorts of treatments, meds, ointments and what not. It was time to free myself from pharmaceutical toxic-madness (ok thats just me blowing steam). I have to admit when I made this transition, my condition flared up BIG TIME but going natural was always going to be tough. Some time later, with a couple of trips under the sun in the coming months I found some relief and things began looking up. I am far from swimming in a cure and I have some bad days too, esp in the winter. Usually exercising and sweating a lot solves the issue but I guess I'm a lazy bugger. I wanted to join up with these online forums to learn more from other sufferers of P who may have taken the same approach. I guess I am looking for recommendations as to what else I could try in the ''natural department" of skin wars or safer alternative treatments which don't come with a pamphlet showing a string of side effects as long as my arm.

Posted Thu 4 Jan 2018 10.51 by neetha

hello, do you want to know about natural treatments?

Posted Thu 4 Jan 2018 15.23 by Halt and catch Fire

Yeah anything really. With few years of engaging a healthy lifestyle the results have been amazing. I guess my condition is controllable and comfortable providing I stick to a tough routine. Winter is definitely not the best season to experience in the UK and my skin gets dry and sometimes a little too stiff for my liking. I was hoping to hear from others what else I could try for even better results.

Posted Thu 4 Jan 2018 22.31 by Paul

I try a healthy lifestyle and sunshine is the best thing. Here is an oddity, I get hayfever and take antihistamines, as soon as I stop taking them in late summer, my skin itches terribly

Posted Sun 7 Jan 2018 01.27 by Rachel Fry

Hi Are you discussing throat strep? Just asking as this is my condition apparently? Thank you

Posted Sun 7 Jan 2018 19.27 by Halt and catch Fire

Hi Rachel Fry, if you are referring to the opening post, it's for psoriasis, a skin condition. Hi Paul, absolutely agree! The best treatment experienced in my 20+ years of P is THE NATURAL SUN. lol as free as it is, in the UK it barely offers it's finest output. Therefore, it becomes the most expensive treatment with long trips of 4 weeks minimum for me.

To take part, sign in or register with us