Newly diagnosed looking for similar experiences!

Posted Tue 3 Apr 2018 22.47 by Lisamarie

Hi glitter dust. Firstly can I say I’m so sorry you had to go through such a fight just to get some answers!! I know exactly what that’s like and I put it down to being so young the doctors just do not take you seriously. I had many many bloods done, x rays, scans you name it they sent me for it only to be given so many different excuses. The most important thing I can suggest to you which I have done and makes a huge difference is to completely cut out aspartame from your diet! It’s quite difficult as it is in 90% of all diet/sugar free products and even some non diet/sugar free foods/drinks. But believe me it makes a huge difference. Also ice treatment I find works really well. Really hope your new treatment works for you. It didn’t help me but now I’m on cimzia injections and it seems to be doing the trick. I was younger then you when mine first started so I completely understand how your feeling right now about living your life to the full. It is a horrible disease but I find talking to people who are going through the same thing really helps and speaking to your arthritis nurse also is a great help. Please feel free to messege me any time Hun xx

Posted Wed 4 Apr 2018 00.26 by Glitterdust

Thank you Rosemarie, I'm wishing you all the best. I've been searching long and hard to find advice for people who aren't 60 odd. It's great to not feel alone. I'm more angry at the fact that I have to have a surgery that could have maybe been prevented than the disease itself. Definitely will avoid sugar free. Xx

Posted Wed 9 May 2018 15.48 by Chrissie NW

Hi LisaMarie Im so glad i saw your discussion Ive had Psoriatic P for over 50 yrs and Im going to see my Consultant next month I dont want the4 cancer drugs etc which make you sick, so now I have seen your remarks about the Biologic Injections Im going to go for them, great news as I thought the Biologic Inj were not avail until the end of this year. Thanks for sharing I dont usually say this, but I cant wait to go to the Hosp to see him. Fantastic whoppee!!!!

Posted Wed 9 May 2018 16.30 by Lisamarie

Hi Christie BW Thank you for getting in touch. Being put into cimzia was the best thing to ever happen!!!! I literally cannot speak highly enough of it!! It literally has completely changed my life! I recently went abroad on holiday which I was dreading because in the past I had been restricted on the excersions I was able to do plus a day of walking and exploring would often have left me in pain. However this time was 100% different!! I had no flare ups, no pains and was able to fully enjoy it!!!! Still not used to having to inject myself every 2 weeks but I’ll take 15 seconds of discomfort over pain anytime!! Good luck at your hospital! Do some reading on cimzia first to prepare yourself! It’s really interesting. Let us all know how you get on Take care xx

Posted Wed 9 May 2018 16.56 by Chrissie NW

Hi Lisamarie thank you for your reply and for being so helpful I will let you know how I get on with the Consultant, I would be so pleased if he will let me have the Cimzia, I cant see why not, but I, like a lot of people tend to get pushed on to the Methoexrate etc and I dont want the Systemic Drugs Ive been following a trial done on the Biologic Drug which is been produced for Psoriasis, so its the Psoriasis that works on and not your organs and leaving you feeling awful, Im not prepared for a life of sickness, so when I read this trial done at the Manchester Hosp I was o er the moon at the success rate, but if stated it would not be available until the end of this year, so reading your story I just could not believe it, I cant wait to see him next month, but I will read up on Cimzia, so Im prepared when I go. will certainly keep in touch with you and thanks for everything. This is a terrific site and its wonderful that people can discuss there illness openly and seek advice from other members, I love it. Thanks again Lisamarie. Chrissie

Posted Mon 17 Dec 2018 10.19 by AchlaPachori

Definitely helping with my joint pain for an old injury. I'm not only talking Superior cbd pain relief oil internally but have moved come with coconut oil and rub my knees at night before bed. Within 10 minutes I'm able to relax from the ache and fall asleep. It's been heavenly!

Posted Sun 28 Jul 2019 20.41 by Lisamarie

Hi all, So its been a year since i last posted on here so i thought id give you all an up date on how things have been going. As you know i have been on cimzia and i know iv said it before but it truely is the miracle drug!!!! I have only had maybe 2 flare ups in the last year which is amazing! I do still have some pains, aches ect from time to time but they are a million miles away from what they used to be. I am able to play on the floor with my daughter, go on walks, and do alot of the things i wasnt able to do. I do still have the odd moments where my knee joint feels a tad weak and i use my walking stick at times but ill take it over how i ised to be any day!! All being said i have to be honest and admit i am still struggling on a daily basis with the unseen side of living with PSA. The fatigue, the brain fog, feeling low, anxiety. Having my daughter helps me so much as it forces me to get up and get on because she needs me but it do t stop these feelings being there. Im going to be speaking to my consultant soon about these things but would be interested to hear if anyone else experiences this side of the disease and how you all cope. Take care all and lets keep going!! Xx

Posted Tue 30 Jul 2019 15.35 by Mac

Hi Lisamarie Good to hear that your meds are working, and allowing to have quality time with your daughter, a good thing to think about when your down. The side affects as you say can be a struggle. The fatigue is what it is you ain't going to beat it (mind you I have tried :( ). You just have to work with it, and when it jumps on you just go for a nap. I have been out on my bike when it's come on me, I just look for the nearest park bench or a nice tree of the road and take a five min nap (though be careful I had the ambulance phoned before, but that's another story, one my wife and daughter love telling :( ). But honestly five min nap takes care of most times. Feeling low can hit the best of us, though I'm a pretty positive person, it does creep in when things go south. In them times I like to think of happy things wife, daughters, son, or things that make me happy. Another thing that gets me through, my wife bought me a PS4 and Red Dead Redemption, I love westerns (highly recommend if your into that sort of thing, just takes you into another world). Brain fog can come in handy, especially when left with chore's from the three bosses ;).

To take part, sign in or register with us