Dressings for for sore, wet skin

Posted Tue 9 Jan 2018 14.30 by FMD

My body is always hot and very sweaty, particularly armpits, under breasts and groins. I would love to find soft dressings to mop up and try and keep the skin dry, but I cannot find anything larger than 10 x 10cm which are not big enough so, in desperation, I use folded kitchen roll - very scratchy and uncomfortable.. Does anyone know of a source of proper soft (not plastic-backed I'd sweat even more!) dressing pads that would be soothing rather than abrasive or any other more comforting idea?

Posted Wed 10 Jan 2018 14.05 by ohwell

I got some large ones, really large from my local pharmacy. They can and will advise. You should be able to,too just ask.No point being embarrassed Not cheap mind. Are you under a consultant? If so ask them, plus if you are not,why not? Funny I also find put a fluffy towel on my sofa or chair strip right down and let the air circulate (other half doesn't care). Boots have large dressings, don't get the sticky ones, the pads,get the ones that are not self adhesive and get the tape used to hold them in place, Truth is these pads are like Always but without the sticky stuff - just the pad - don't ask! Then as I said just the dressing tape.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 2018 14.40 by FMD

Thank you - so long as I know there are such things I can investigate . It will soon be a year since I was referred to a consultant but they are very few and far between where I live, so I'm still waiting..

To take part, sign in or register with us