Difficulty At Work

Posted Thu 11 Jan 2018 11.12 by trickster

Hi All I am currently working full time for a very corporate company. However, when I have a flare up of pain in my back caused by the PA I am sometimes unable to get dressed and move about properly. On these occasions, I work from home. Out of the blue, I was called to an HR meeting and they stated that I had taken too many working from home days and it could not continue as my manager needs me in the office. I work in digital media and can do my job from anywhere in the world. The thing that bothers me most is that my manager works from home once per week. Other people in the business work from home full time and some work from home for two weeks and work in the office for two weeks. What rights do I have here in the UK to not worry too much about what is happening? Thanks

Posted Thu 11 Jan 2018 11.36 by PsA@32

Hi trickster Although not in a similar 'working from home' situation I too have really bad days getting up, dressed and myself to work. it would be good to know rights/options as there are days with flare ups that i wish i could just stay still and work!

Posted Thu 11 Jan 2018 15.19 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

I would expect your working terms & conditions to be clearly defined within your contract of employment.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 2018 22.12 by Sue P

If you have had your condition for more than 12 months it is classed as a disability. I would ask about “reasonable adjustment” to keep you at work whether at home or in the office. There’s loads of advice on line, Citizens Advice are excellent. Good luck,

To take part, sign in or register with us