Enstilar on scalp question

Posted Fri 12 Jan 2018 20.08 by ScottishPinder

Hi, I've just been given Enatilar to use on my scalp & body. The Dermatologist made it sound like it was a foam you could easily massage in. This stuff is awful to work with on your scalp but if it works the it'll be worth the hassle. My questions is how soon after applying can I wash my hair? Any tips for trying to get an even scalp application? I'm just sectioning & spraying along them at the min, but it's just hard to massage in. :-)

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2018 02.58 by Debra B

My hair is so greasy from this medication. I still feel like picking at ny scabs on my scalp. Help!

Posted Fri 22 Jun 2018 04.29 by DanielC

I usually put it on before going to bed and wear a shower cap. Then in the morning it's a case of lather, rinse, repeat, lather, rinse repeat until you can see on your hands that it is getting out. Enstilar foam is hydrophobic in its formulation so this is why it is very sticky and hard to wash out as it coats your hair in a way that repels water that is why you need a good shampoo (maybe head and shoulders for greasy hair types?) to essentially mix in with the Enstilar on your hair so that it becomes easier for water to get through. Can be painstaking though, especially if you're running late for work! Enstilar is great in terms of effectiveness, though you'd go through a can in about 3 days. If Leo, the company who makes it, could get a better consistency - maybe not the foam but a lotion which has the two active ingredients but which doesn't congeal your hair...that'd be A1

Posted Thu 9 Aug 2018 12.35 by Socball16

Dawn dish soap takes the foam out of hair. I got the idea because the soap is used to get oil off of sealife when oil spills occur. Works like a charm!

To take part, sign in or register with us