face psoriasis

Posted Sat 20 Jan 2018 18.42 by melanycamille

Hi, I just signed up today and this is my first post. I've had psoriasis since I was 23 (half my life), but only on the back of my neck for many years. A couple of years ago it moved to my scalp. Then yesterday I noticed a small patch on my face. Can anyone recommend creams that have worked for them for the face? I'm currently using Aveeno. Thanks so much!

Posted Sat 20 Jan 2018 21.25 by Letim84

Hi. I've only joined today too 👍 I have psoriasis / eczema on my face. I use eumovate cream on it. I usually use a small amount twice a day to clear the flare up (morning and night) and then every morning to keep it at bay. Hope this helps.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 2018 18.11 by Stacey

I recebtly developed psoriasis on my neck (which weeps) on my eyes and forehead and in my ears. My scalp crusts so badly and get this heat coming off my scalp..it mists my glasses if I put them on my head. I have had psoriasis for years on my body which I always had under control. I have been given 1st dobovet for my neck and body and they then changed the medication to Elocon last week. It had just cleared and now with the switch my scalp is so bad again. I am not sure at this stage which cream is better. I am thinking of going back to Dobovet??any advice would be appreciated. Also does anybody else get this intense heat from their scalp?

Posted Thu 25 Jan 2018 06.13 by Steveo22

Hello....I suffer from blotchy face & used Child’s Farm moisturiser & within an hour it had virtually cleared....you can get it in Boots,it’s a baby moisturiser,worth a try

Posted Thu 25 Jan 2018 06.18 by melanycamille

Thanks for all the good tips. I live in Canada (and wish we had a Boots!) but I will be travelling in the UK in the summer and will pick up some of the Child's Farm moisturizer.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 2018 19.05 by Jade

Can someone explain what they actually do when following the soratinex treatment plan I just worry when applying the oil after cream ur almost rubbing away the cream Jus wanna make sure im doing it correctly

Posted Fri 26 Jan 2018 21.21 by Steveo22

Because I’m such a lovely person I looked on the Canadian amazon & it’s available on there...:-)

Posted Sat 27 Jan 2018 02.52 by melanycamille

Thanks so much Steve!! You've made my day.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 2018 11.07 by Nicolewalsh99

I’ve just joined today! I’ve psoriasis with 5 years and I’m only 19 years old I have it on my face, neck chest, back, legs, arms and even private areas. I’ve had light treatment and it cleared everything up for me which it good l! But then suddenly it all came back worse than ever! I wouldn’t mind having it anywhere else but my face is the bestest problem because everyone can see my face! I would recommend using La Roche Posay shower gel and cream I found they took the itchiness away and kind of got rid of some of it

Posted Mon 29 Jan 2018 23.16 by Steveo22

I’m with you 100% Nicole,on your body you can hide it but when it’s on your face it just kills your confidence & I feel so self conscious....I hate this disease

Posted Tue 30 Jan 2018 09.18 by Nicolewalsh99

I absolutely hate it I was with the doctor yesterday he gave me ensiltar. I got bullied for a whole 5 years while I was in secondary school. I don’t go outside the door because people call me horrible names and they just look at me in disgust when they see me

Posted Tue 30 Jan 2018 11.49 by Amelialouise

I recently got diagnosed with guttate psoriasis and I feel your pain, it’s covering my face and I just can’t even bear to leave the house. I can’t wear any makeup because it makes it worse, what’s the best cream to help heel on face?

Posted Wed 31 Jan 2018 23.27 by ANJI

I'm female 43 & had face psoriasis since Apr 2016 but on/off. However have been diagnosed properly in Dec 2017 by dermatologist. He's prescribed dakacourt?? Its useless. I was using a chinese cream but have been advised the reason it was working was because it had the highest amount of steroid in. Protopic works but brings with it acne. Very difficult trying to figure out what cream works - have been using dovobet (know i'm not supposed to) but its the only thing that seems to make it less visible. I wouldn't go out without makeup now. I'm wondering if anyone has used aloe vera gel or anything across the counter that might help. Am desperate and a bit depressed. I'm also a sun worshipper but the sun now makes it worse so am looking for a good sun cream for summer 2018??

Posted Thu 1 Feb 2018 14.41 by Nicolewalsh99

For my body I’m using Enstilar prescribed from my doctor which is clearing up since Monday the difference in amazing, for my face I’m using La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 Soothing Repairing Balm which is very good

Posted Thu 1 Feb 2018 20.51 by ANJI

Thanks. After washing my face tonight and moisturising with Clinique my face feels on fire. I’ve now put hydrocortisone cream on but even that is burning. Have got a new itchiness round my chin too- I just hope it’s not spreading. Will maybe purchase some la Roche-anything is worth a try.

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2018 07.18 by Amelialouise

One thing that’s brought down the psoriosis on my face is baby bepanthen nappy rash cream!!! I saw someone posted it somewhere and thought I’ll literally try anything.. give it a go x

Posted Fri 2 Feb 2018 21.55 by ANJI

Yeah I do occasionally put sudacream on as the hydrocortisone doesn’t sometimes work. Will buy bepanthen too. Washed face with Simple moisturising facial wash tonight and didn’t sting as much but still did when I moisturised. Might have to try n find a gentler moisturiser?

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2018 20.16 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

They say don't use Dovobet on your face, but i sometimes use a TINY bit on my eyebrows...which get bad psoriasis...and that tiny amount in one application completely removes the psoriasis for weeks. I do the same with my ears. Nowhere on my body is a single small application so successful or long lasting. On the rest of my body Dovobet reduces the plaques but never totally makes them go away.

Posted Sun 4 Feb 2018 11.57 by Amelialouise

Where can I get dobovet from?

Posted Sun 4 Feb 2018 12.35 by thin-skinned
Irascible septuagenarian fed up with the psoriasis constantly at me :wink:

It's labelled POM so you will need a doc's prescription and then a dispensing pharmacy.

To take part, sign in or register with us