face psoriasis

Posted Sun 4 Feb 2018 16.16 by ANJI

I too only use a tiny amount on my face as soon as it starts appearing again. The on,y time it seemed to totally clear was with the CHINESE cream that I’ve stopped using. I have the odd wee bit on different parts of body and dovobet clears them for a few days but then reappears. I did have one small circle of psoriasis under my arm pit for years that I just lived with. However a few weeks ago it just vanished. I am hoping for the same on my face but nothing so far. Dermatologist said psoriasis is in the genes but no1 in my family has/had it. At least us women can try to cover with make up but for ,men no such luxury.

Posted Sun 4 Feb 2018 17.11 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

You have to be careful with Dovobet, because ( as any user will tell you ) it takes ages and ages to come off....even with soap or shampoo. It's incredibly sticky stuff. That is why its not recommended for the face, as it can thus end up in your eyes. So if you do use it on face, apply only a tiny bit and don't keep touching the area.

Posted Fri 9 Feb 2018 08.12 by Doodles

Hey I’ve found dermalex psoriasis cream helps for my face, i found it at boots ...I still haven’t found anything for my scalp though! I hadn’t noticed the heat but I will keep an eye on that as it does heat my arms up. I hope everyone is ok and not getting too down about it. It isn’t easy and it drives you crazy but at least we are not alone!

Posted Fri 9 Feb 2018 08.39 by Amelialouise

I’ve found the answer!! Any of you ever heard of Arbonne nappy cream? I ordered it from a girl on Instagram she said it helped with her exzema and to try it. I’ve been using it for the past week and the majority of my psoriosis has gone from my body! It was £26 but I’ve ordered 2 more as it was so good. They don’t sell it in England I don’t think, I think it’s American but I would Deffinately recommend it xxx

Posted Sat 10 Feb 2018 13.09 by SarahK
I'm 44 and somehow managed to get Psoriosis late last year. Within weeks I was covered top to toe.

Hi everyone. I broke out so rapidly at age 44 it just completely knocked me for six. I have a public facing role and it was so hard to pull myself in to work. I was given Dovobet by a colleague. I was reluctant to try it due to the skin thinning but it worked. At the same time I bought Dream Cream from Lush. It is really really good, I use it on my face every day. Dermatologist recently gave me Enstilar for my body and Protopic for my face. My face is still relatively clear but my body is slower recovery. I get the psoriasis in my belly button and in my female region, it's hellish. I still have some Dovabet in case my face breaks out again as in profile pic. As for my scalp, I'm still searching for the thing that works for me, tried all the medicated shampoos. Dermatologist gave me Betacap but I'm not liking that much. I use the Majik Dead Sea Shampoo, Scalp mask and Serum but I wouldn't say it works wonders justs costs loads. Any recommendations welcome.

Posted Sat 10 Feb 2018 14.24 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

I've never found anything that completely removed the psoriasis from my scalp. A small amount of Dovobet works extremely well on my ears or on the top of my forehead or nape of neck...but where the bulk of hair is, various things may lessen the severity but nothing has removed it completely.

Posted Sat 23 Jan 2021 11.46 by Natalie Roberts (edited Mon 1 Feb 2021 08.42 by Natalie Roberts)

You can use CeraVe Psoriasis Cleanser. CeraVe prides itself on being one of the most-recommended skincare brands by dermatologists, and for a good reason. This psoriasis cleanser is medicated with 2% salicylic acid, which helps relieve inflammation and irritation in psoriasis plaques. It is paired with lactic acid, an AHA that gently exfoliates the dry, scaly skin off so that you can renew your skin and make it smooth and clear again. All in all, this cleanser provides fast relief from bothersome psoriasis symptoms, from mild flaking to distractingly painful peeling. It turns your rough, cracked plaques into smooth and soft skin. https://occmakeup.com/best-face-washes-for-psoriasis/#more-790

To take part, sign in or register with us