Dating

Posted Mon 29 Jan 2018 12.31 by Brettmack

First time... does anyon else find dating hard when you have psoriasis ..

Posted Mon 29 Jan 2018 20.21 by Lewy

Hi Brettmack, I have had psoriasis for 22 years and I have found dating very hard but I have been lucky with the relationships I have had as I have been honest with them from the start that I suffer with it, if they are a decent person then they will see through it, if not then they are not worth it but I know how it feels, very conscious about it but just be honest with them from the start, do not hide it

Posted Tue 30 Jan 2018 12.22 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

I've found dating an absolute nightmare. People are polite. But think its a skin illness.

Posted Wed 31 Jan 2018 13.00 by Brettmack

In an ideal world meeting someone with same condition would be nice.

Posted Sun 11 Mar 2018 20.37 by Montys ma

i have recently reconnected with a friend from years ago,they suffer badly from P. so much so it 50% of their body.. Its early days, but .the condition has not effected my feelings towards him, its all just "packaging" at the end of the day.

Posted Fri 30 Mar 2018 13.27 by Mary1968 (edited Fri 30 Mar 2018 13.28 by Mary1968)

Hello Brettmack Dating can be hard if you happen to be dating pillocks and nitwits :) I had terrible psoriasis as a teenager and young woman..........but still managed to have plenty of boyfriends. Yes of course had to deal with some insensitive comments from morons. But why would I want to date such people anyway. Alternatively, dating someone with the same condition would be easier all round. If you meet an intelligent person, then personality shines through more so than shallow looks. Work on your personality, nice smile, polite and good hygiene - these are the things that attract me to another. And avoid any shallow individual who comments nastily on your skin. Good luck

Posted Sat 31 Mar 2018 08.29 by Brettmack

Thanks for replys . Yes it would be easier dating someone with same condition. I can only imagine good things from it . ;)

Posted Wed 4 Apr 2018 02.21 by HistoryFella
History student, musician, all around friendly and optimistic person.

I've been on the dating scene at university for a while, and despite really getting on with most dates, they've always said that they'd rather just be friends. I'm naturally scared that it's the psoriasis scaring people off! At least I know that if someone does take a liking to me, it's for who I am, rather than pure sexual interest :)

Posted Sun 8 Apr 2018 16.43 by Brettmack

Bless you. I'm insecure but I think finding someone with same condition would cure that.

Posted Sun 8 Apr 2018 19.24 by Brettmack

I'm sure you're right .I just if you met someone with same condition it can only have it's advantages 😀

Posted Sun 8 Apr 2018 21.11 by Lewy

HLBX you know what that is an excellent idea : )

Posted Mon 9 Apr 2018 18.35 by Lewy

Hanna I think you would definitely get many people join up myself included : ) to be honest with regards to dating i think I have had more issues with my tattoos putting women off rather than the psoriasis but thankfully mine is so much better since being on Methotrexate, not clear but much better and it is surprising how much of a confidence boost it gives seeing parts of my body virtually clear

Posted Mon 9 Apr 2018 20.00 by Lewy

The dermatologist put me on Methotrexate the first time I saw her last October, keep pushing for it though. Well I have my hands, fingers, both sleeves and all round my neck done but I am a HGV driver so its not that important to cover up, can not believe you get told to cover up, just wrong how people judge us because of tattoos, they do not mean that we are a bad person, quite the opposite in fact with most of us

Posted Mon 9 Apr 2018 20.06 by Lewy

I have found that kids are intrigued by mine, my mates kids always looking at mine and colouring them in haha, even had them pretending they had wiped them off yesterday with wipes the little sods, they loved it though. Awwww thank you well it is a shame you can not do a close up on profile picture but then you would see my face haha, I would love to be covered but the lovely psoriasis did not help plus it is bloody expensive

Posted Mon 9 Apr 2018 20.13 by Lewy

I have heard the ribs hurt but believe me my neck and under my chin did not feel too great haha. Too boring, I bet you would have many more if they were cheaper haha. Well I am off to bed as I am up at 0230, the joys of driving eh, catch up with you soon, take it easy

Posted Thu 12 Apr 2018 19.18 by Lewy

So Hannah how has dating been for you while suffering with Psoriasis?

Posted Thu 12 Apr 2018 19.45 by Lewy

I have been quite lucky where past girlfriends have been really understanding and it has not bothered them, is difficult though meeting someone new, hard enough actually meeting someone haha especially being a truck driver, not got time in the week as go to work, home and then bed or nights out tramping

Posted Thu 12 Apr 2018 19.51 by Lewy

Sometimes I am out all week staying out in the truck haha and I am nearly 41, had someone say today I looked 27........I nearly kissed him haha, how old are you then?

Posted Thu 12 Apr 2018 19.55 by Lewy

Grandad hahaha cheeky bugger, I certainly do not look or even act my age, I am like a little kid really without the tantrums haha

Posted Thu 12 Apr 2018 20.02 by Lewy

Thanks now you are making me feel an old git haha

To take part, sign in or register with us