Scalp psoriasis

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2018 09.56 by Carollou

Help please. I've had psoriasis since age 10. Now 46. Apart from a few times it's mostly been controlled. Over the last 5 years its mostly in my scalp. At the moment the Dr has prescribed 2 week on 2 week of Dovabet gel to be used with Nizoral shampoo. Neither doing anything. Please help its driving me insane. It keeps me awake at night and scratching all day. Any info helpful.

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2018 10.13 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

Have you tried prescription liquid scalp treatments

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2018 13.08 by Carollou

I've used a dovonex liquid on my scalp and the usual shampoos. Not sure what else is out there.

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2018 13.23 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

Have you tried Betacap or Calcipotroil? Sorted my scalp out and I put it on my nails if psoriasis shows there too

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2018 14.57 by Carollou

I've not tried Betacap. I'll ask Dr next week. Thanks

Posted Sat 3 Feb 2018 20.22 by Peter S
I have psoriasis on about 1/3 of my body...have had it for over 10 years and its getting worse.

I've tried Calcipotriol and its only partly effective and doesn't last long.

Posted Sun 11 Feb 2018 11.23 by jake_70
I've been struggling with psorisis for many years now. I've found some solutions with my reseach which I'll be sharing with you guys

I've ordered "Home Health Psoriasis Medicated Scalp and Body Wash" from amazon couple of days ago, still haven't received it. Has anyone any experience with it? If yes, could you tell if it helped in any way?

To take part, sign in or register with us