Acitretin

Posted Sat 30 Jun 2018 16.31 by Sandles

Thanks Tracey. Light therapy is my next appointment so fingers crossed x

Posted Wed 12 Sep 2018 21.50 by Kentpatient

Hello. I had psoriasis start suddenly and quickly spread to my whole body including my face and scalp, and even my ears (ended up with a perforated ear drum). I have been on Acitretin for 4 months and it cleared the psoriasis from my body almost completely. Not so my face or scalp. My hair has thinned and my skin peeled a lot at first although recently I went from 25mg per day to same dose every other day. I am really worried about my hair but cannot face going back to the coverage I had before. It always seems to be a trade off but worth giving Acitretin a go.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 2018 12.18 by Kevan

After ten years the medics have decided that I have psoriasis not eczema.prevous doctors had diagnosed eczema.theyve put me on acitretin and so far it has cause the mild psoriasis on my stomach and sides to go and I'm only on my 6th pill! betnavate, cobetosol, hydrocortisone,etc,seemed to have little effect on it.so far it hasn't done much for my hands or feet but I suppose being at the extremely ends of the body it'll take longer to get there?I don't like the sound of the side effects however,thinking hair,etc,does this happen to everyone?also if they are wrong and it is eczema after all will it work on that too? eczema and psoriasis look similar but seem to have completely different causes.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 2018 17.55 by MarkB

well after 3 months im still using it .i think as far as thickening and scaling it has been amazing ! not got rid of it but my skin is so much smoother which i like very much . downside ....honestly my feet look like ive been in a serious burn incident . maybe because im a guy and probably dont pamper my feet very much but every few weeks i can honestly peel off my whole sole of my feet .its hideous but hey ho . no pain no gain

Posted Wed 17 Oct 2018 19.41 by Madi

I have been using acitretin for about 10 months now. I have palmar plantar psoriasis. I am about to start light therapy soon in conjunction with the tablets. Until recently it had little or no affect on my condition the dermatologist has slowly increased the dose. Side affects I have had include dry lips, eyes and nose, waxy feel to my skin which isn’t unpleasant although at times my skin on my hands and feet are very sticky, very strange, my hair has also thinned which for me is my worse side affect. I’d just like to add that all these side affects seem to come and go and are not present all the time. I’m giving the tablets another couple of months making a year in total, if not cleared by then not sure where to go, fingers crossed.

To take part, sign in or register with us