Just diagnosed today

Posted Thu 15 Feb 2018 23.06 by Springerlover

I’m very new to this and just reading on here to see what other people are going through. I’m 54 female and was shocked when I saw my gp today. I just hope I’m not going to suffer as badly as some of you are. Think I’m in shock. It’s not sank in yet. It’s come from nowhere. Gp says that it’s stress related. I’d be interested for anyone else who thinks stress can cause it Look forward to hearing from someone It’s good to share stories I believe Thanks in advance

Posted Sun 18 Feb 2018 01.04 by Liz

I too was diagnosed on Thursday with Pustural Psoriasis. I'm 55 and was suffering from anxiety really badly in Jan. Mentally felt better then got tonsillitis. This started to get better and I started to get horrid blisters on my hands. A couple of urgent trips to the GP and as it didn't respond to antibiotics he got me an emergency referral to the Dermatologist. On Tuesday I was looking forward to getting out and about and now I can't even make a drink as my hands are so bad! I agree about the shock of it all! The dermatologist thinks it developed because of strep throat and has taken swabs and blood. I'm back there on Thurs for the results. The palms of my hands look like they have been really badly burnt now as the skin dries up. I'm trying go remain positive as I do believe the combination of my anxiety and tonsillitis has caused this rotten thing. I really feel for those that have suffered for years. 3 days and I get bouts of mardiness! God bless the NHS as had I not have had the speedy diagnosis I think I'd have been frightened to death with the speed the PP has developed. Hope you're feeling better soon.

To take part, sign in or register with us