Methotrexate

Posted Thu 23 May 2019 17.31 by AmyT23

I started on methotrexate 15mg tablets last May (I think) and I responded really well to it within a few weeks. I did suffer with side effects for a few months (nausea, headaches and became really tired) but these did ease. By August time my skin and scalp had completely cleared up (it had been everywhere apart from the bottom of my feet!). Because it had cleared they reduced dose to 10mg which was fine. However, in Nov December time I had another flare up, mainly on my scalp but it started to appear on my face, arm pits arms and had a couple of large patches on my stomach area. At my appointment in Feb they increased it back up to 15mg and it’s cleared again. I’m not experiencing any side effects at the moment. They said it’s normal to have flare ups in winter time so will see what happens this year. I don’t use any lotions or ointments apart from E45 moisturiser but to be honest, I never responded to the ointments/creams anyways. My concern I have is if I want to come of it in the future for Planning a family, will come back with a vengeance??? They did advice that you can have light therapy if pregnant so that would maybe be an option and I suppose i could go back on methotrexate at a later date.

To take part, sign in or register with us