Injections

Posted Thu 1 Mar 2018 20.08 by Dean831
Dean, 25, suffered with psoriasis all my life

Hi everyone, I’ve suffered from psoriasis since I was a child I’m now 25 and it’s just getting worse, I’ve used so many steroid creams which worked, was then put on methotrexate which just made me really ill landing me in hospital with infection, now being referred to start the injections, if anyone has any advice or experience with them it would be very much appreciated, it’s starting to get worse on my face and have no option at the moment to use steroid cream to keep it away (I know you shouldn’t) but it’s not nice walking around with it on your face, if anyone has any tips to help the face specially redness it will be much appreciated :)) Thanks Dean x

Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 17.31 by CLAIREALLENMARGATE
Im a 38yr old teacher working with challenging behavior

What injections is it your having ? Im on methotrexate injections so let me know if same and I’ll happily chat to u

Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 17.35 by Dean831

Hi Claire, I’m waiting waiting for the appointment to come through as they’ve sent to to a different dermatologist for them, I took methotrexate tablets and they made me really ill, just hope this will be the answer to clear skin

Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 17.39 by CLAIREALLENMARGATE

Yes i started on the pill omg i frlt so ill all the time so i got swoped to the injections and had bo problem except it took me 45 mins to do my 1st one lol but my skin is as good as it ever befn im also using a foam for thr skin called enstilar and that’s amazing.

Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 17.48 by Dean831

Yeah I’ve heard of the foam, oh god I’m going to be the same doing my first injection lol, I’d do anything to have clearer skin people don’t realise how much it affects you they thinks it’s just dry skin, but it’s not specially when it covers most of your body

Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 17.53 by CLAIREALLENMARGATE

No one will ever understand unless they have it! It ruins your life but I honestly thought nothing would help me but it has so keep positive I truly believe there is something out there for everyone maybe not a cure but something that will boost your confidence for sure keep me updated .

Posted Sun 4 Mar 2018 17.55 by Dean831

It so does and hate it when people say just moisturise errmmm yep I do that regularly but it’s not going to make it go away lol, I will keep you updated hopefully won’t be much longer now, praying before the summer

To take part, sign in or register with us