Where do I start?

Posted Thu 29 Mar 2018 05.06 by audrey

Hey guys, I’m new to this site. My biggest secret is having psoriasis because it is so severe and I hide it so well. I really need help with this so any support is appreciated. My first signs was itchyness on the nape of my neck. I first thought it was dandruff and then I realized it had to be something else. This happened three years ago when i was a sophomore in highschool. Now, I am a freshman in college and I have psoriasis all over the back of my head, all over my nose, a couple small patches on my face, and inside my ears. This is my first post on this site and I’m not gonna lie, having psoriasis has been really hard for me. It’s embarrassing and I have no idea where to start when it comes to treatments. Any recommendations for treatments specifically for the back of my head or my face? -Audrey

Posted Fri 30 Mar 2018 13.14 by Mary1968

Hello Audrey I am new too. I have had psoriasis since I was born in 1968. It was worst in my teens and early twenties. I have to wonder if raging hormones during those years some how impacts it?! I don't know. Just a guess. I found Jurlique Calendula Cream very useful for facial psoriasis, so was Manuka Honey and 100% cold pressed coconut oil. You need to be very careful using steroids and such like on the thin skin of the face and scalp, so I suggest you attempt natural methods first, and leave medication chemicals to a last resort. I struggled for years and finally cleared myself with dietary changes. For me personally, the biggest triggers for a flare, are: bad diet (processed foods), white sugar, alcohol, stress and dairy. I would also suggest using a natural shampoo, as chemicals in normal shampoos tend to irritate scalp psoriasis more.

To take part, sign in or register with us