Cuckling goat products

Posted Thu 29 Mar 2018 13.19 by Helen (edited Sat 31 Mar 2018 09.30 by Helen)

Hi, my daughter has really bad psoriasis on her scalp (like a thick cap of itchy, flaky skin which literally falls off around her!). we have been told about the chuckling goat washing bar and lotion which contains kefir and other herbs and such like, for extreme skin conditions. She's only just started using it so we haven't seen any improvement yet. Had anyone had any success with this product? She's 21 and really embarrassed about it and I am concerned that it will start to affect her mentally as she suffers from depression. Any tips/suggestions would be welcome. She is on the waiting list for a dermatology appt at hospital and is apparently down as urgent according to the doc. Haven't heard anyting from them yet 3 weeks in. Thanks : )

Posted Fri 30 Mar 2018 13.06 by Mary1968

Hi I have never heard of Clucking Goat. But I did use to find pure Goats Milk Soap very useful back in the day.

Posted Sat 31 Mar 2018 08.48 by andrea
have had p for too many years

Hi I can't say I've heard of this soap. I used to have psoriasis on the scalp and i used polytar shampoo. Mine has completely gone but I still have a few spots on my body so I use zerodouble moisturizer from the docs an I am on methotrexate. The dovobet scalp application from docs is very good. I use mine at night.

Posted Sat 31 Mar 2018 09.34 by Helen

Hi Andrea, she tried zerodouble moisturiser and it didn't touch it. She has had dovobet cream but not the scalp application, I may suggest she contact the doctor and ask to try it. Thanks Mary1968, I may try that if the chuckling goat stuff doesn't work, its prob a lot cheaper too!! Helen

Posted Sat 31 Mar 2018 22.36 by Allanswife03

Hey there, I had it very bad on my scalp back in January early Feb, I lost a lot of hair due to it also, I went private and the dermatologist prescribed Capasal shampoo and cocois ointment, I had to use it everyday for 2 weeks, use the cocois ointment on the scalp every night and leave it in over night then wash scalp next day with the Capasal shampoo, it worked for me and I did have it very bad, you can't use your normal shampoo or conditioner on your head while using it, it does dry your hair out but it works (for me it did, but everyone is different) I would give it a go, see how you get on, I am now using it once a week and use my own shampoo and conditioner now too, my head is so much better, just a little flaky but not that you would notice, hope you get it sorted xxx

Posted Sun 1 Apr 2018 09.02 by Helen

Thanks Allanswife03, I'll see if we can get hold of some if the chuckling goat stuff doesn't work x

To take part, sign in or register with us