Newbie seeking advice!!!!

Posted Sat 31 Mar 2018 14.35 by Jillybits

Hi this is my first post. I’m 37 but started getting psoriasis when I was 20. I’ve always had it on my elbows and one knee (weirdly) but now I’ve started to get it in my nose and a small patch on my face, oh and a patch on the second finger of my right hand. I’m devastated that it seems to be getting worse and just don’t know what to do. I am under a lot of stress right now so wonder if that’s the cause? I’m trying not to drink any alcohol as I know this can make it worse, and I am going to try and change my diet as I do eat a lot of sugar. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated as feel so down. Ive stopped going out as its too stressful. My elbows are looking so bad I have to wear everything long sleeved and I end up roasting if dancing! Thanks everyone x

Posted Mon 2 Apr 2018 15.13 by Kate Brown

Hi, I don’t know if this will help. My nose looked really bad, I was really embarrassed to go out. family would comment on it, My GP tried various topical corticosteroid. After 6 months I was referred to the dermatologist. She prescribed, Betnovate ointment. ( this worked for me) I know it may not work for everyone.

Posted Tue 19 Jun 2018 20.32 by Kiff

Hello, Have you thought about trying CBD lotions or oils? I recently looked into it, and the results are amazing! I hated the prescribed medications, because they have so many negative side affects. With CBD, there are basically NO side affects-other than it helps!!! Simply reliefs the itch and help the skin heal itself, and stay "clam"

Posted Wed 20 Jun 2018 00.41 by ScottishGirl (edited Wed 20 Jun 2018 00.42 by ScottishGirl)
Had psoriasis for 15+ years

Aw I feel your pain. I actually hate the summer months when I see people wearing their shorts and dresses etc and I’m dressed like an Eskimo about to walk the arctic to the North Pole! It’s silly aswell because sunlight does help but I don’t want to take my clothes off because I’m too embarrassed so it’s a lose/lose situation. I don’t even have a garden to go sunbathe in or anything as live in a block of flats. I’ve just started using ciclosporin today, based on what I’ve read I don’t think yours is as bad as mine so you wouldn’t be started on ciclosporin but no matter how much you have it all still affects us greatly. One thing that helped me a bit was elocon cream. It is a potent steroid but it was away in a few days but it only really helped little bits on my arms and face but my legs, especially my knees it didn’t help. I think because it’s been there for about +15 years now and thinking I ain’t going anywhere! I use diprosalic for my scalp which really helped clear it up and stop all the itching and redness around my hairline but strangely it didn’t help if I used it on my hands or the rest of my body! I use Q.V. moisturiser and Q.V. bath cream and it oes help with the scales just doesn’t help the redness really. I hope you find something that helps you.

To take part, sign in or register with us