Success stories. What did you use?

Posted Tue 3 Apr 2018 23.42 by jk76

Hi I’m reading through forums and can’t actually see any success stories that have managed to keep psoriasis at bay, for longer than a few months. Is this something we just have to put up with for rest of our lives? Would be great to hear success stories....what you used on what part of the body, and how you have maintained it. I am using exorex which has cleared up my elbows and knees, stomach and chest.

Posted Thu 5 Apr 2018 19.02 by Dingy

Hi, I recently went diary free. After 27 years of horrible Psorasis on my arms, hands, kness, legs and ears I am so happy to say that my skin is back to being normal...something I missed so much. I have some whiter patches here and there but my skin if flat not raised, red or dry and scally. I am so happy. I use Koko milk for everything even in tea and coffee and making a white sauce or vegan style yorkshire pud. It literally is so normally of the non diary milks. I also use Pure spread for margarine and Violife for cheese. I didnt think i could do it as i am such a lover of diary but I have and its changed my life. I hope this could for you too. 😀

Posted Fri 6 Apr 2018 10.13 by Bebbspoke

To those who've gone "dairy" free to find relief &/or reduction of psoriasis symptoms: - I too went dairy free - but used Buffalo milk - it is considerably more expensive that standard dairy milk - but tastes far superior to any of the soya or other vegetable milks as are available. The rationale for the efficiency is somewhat alarming! - the dairy cow will eat anything regardless as to how it has been chemically modified by fertilizers or feed stuff compounds... the Buffalo is "purist" - it will genuinely starve to death in preference to eating chemically modified products. From this it may be conjected that psoriasis may be due to Western man's manipulation of livestock & farming techniques which invoke effects to the human immune sytem... as supported by the virtual abscence of psoriasis within indigenous Asian and Indo-Asian populations.... - simple observational science!!!

Posted Tue 1 May 2018 22.15 by Lou

I have lived with psoriasis for 37 years and 20 years ago was hospitalised for several weeks. I have tried many steroid topical treatments and infra red light treatment as well. A year ago I changed my diet and no longer consume any dairy or animal products, my psoriasis improved but was still visible on my elbows and parts of my arms. A month ago I changed my diet again and removed refined sugars and processed food. My skin has never looked so good and psoriasis is no longer visible. Today I wore short sleeves in public and for the first time in a long time I felt comfortable in my own skin. I’m so happy but have no one to share my delight with because I’ve put a lid on my feelings and ‘got on with it’ for so many years.

Posted Fri 11 May 2018 13.24 by Aitch

HI all, My psoriasis started to appear in between my toes about 3 years ago, I am 45 years old now, and my father had it for as long as I can remember, his never cleared up. He was very heavy drinker. Anyway It swiftly climbed up my shins, thighs, torso, ears, elbows and scalp. I became obsessed with the horrid condition, trawling the net for some miracle cure. I dabbled with steroid creams, but I really don't feel comfortable with them. I then went down the line of trying so many things for it, herbal, natural, bought a small Phillips blue TL01 light, dietary changes etc.....But I am now virtually clear. I know maybe this may not work for everyone, but none of what I am currently doing will hurt you either. So I concentrated on trying to make my body more alkaline, I reduced my alcohol & cheese intake, and completely stopped drinking milk, The first thing that enters my body each day is pure celery juice around 16 fl oz. , (just boil a whole celery chopped up and blend, keep it cool in the fridge) lasts for about 3 days. I then have a hot water with fresh lime juice, Lemon does the same. I try to have a serving of natural yoghurt with most of my meals. I also drink at least a litre of water throughout the day. I take 2 starflower oil capsules 1 in morning, 1 at night and 1 vitamin D3 capsule each day. I do use the light if any of the remaining scales look red. However My skin has cleared up amazingly I feel this summer I may go nuts and wear shorts again. I don't know why but I am certain the Celery juice is the biggest helper. I would love to hear that some of you guys try this and it works for you, It took about 5-7 months before I noticed the difference. Best of luck Aitch x

Posted Fri 11 May 2018 14.36 by Bebbspoke

Hi Folks - to the question of "permanent solution" - I am fairly convinced that if it were practically possible to remain totaly (modern) dairy free - both practical and financial limitations deristricted.... (e.g. soya "milk" tastes bland & crap - buffalo milk butter & cheese (as permitted) tastes superb.... In my experience it is quite possible to become and remain psoriasis free... the problem is that it is very impractical & nigh on impossible to remain at zero intake of modern dairy products as are nutritionally distorted by modern man and technology.

Posted Mon 28 May 2018 03.26 by January

My tips for healing, and it goes fast ! Go free from: Red Meat Meat Fish Chicken Eggs Sugar Wheat/Gluten "Nightshadow" Fruits/Vegetables DairyTry to get as Vegan as you can, AND you will see your body healing ! :)

Posted Sat 2 Jun 2018 08.14 by Lou

I agee with you - what you put into your body makes a huge difference for all kinds of conditions ! I’ve been free from processed food, alcohol and I follow a vegan diet - I feel 20 years younger and my skin looks like new. I’ve made changes over the last five years - I gave things up gradually starting with meat and alcohol and progressing over time !

Posted Sun 3 Jun 2018 18.58 by DH

I was advised by my plasic surgeon to eat blueberries to minimize bruising and promote healing 2 weeks before the procedure. I have had psoriasis for 20 years, and recently on my hand, arm, scalp, and ears. In 3 weeks it has completely cleared and not returned. I eat one cup a day and may cut down, as one cup a day for 3-4 weeks completely cured me! I still can’t believe it, but have seen that someone else on another section of this forum also resolved his psoriasis with blueberries!

Posted Sun 3 Jun 2018 19.46 by Lou

Looks like diet is the answer 👏🏻 Sea water is amazing for my skin - I’ll be in the sea in July when it’s warmer.

Posted Wed 6 Jun 2018 12.01 by Jean B

Hi everyone, thanks for all the above ideas. I've removed diary nearly completely from my diet - but sometimes I find I have eaten something with whey or lactose in it. At first the psoriasis went away, but now it is back again. I was eating more refined sugar to compensate for no icecream and milk chocolates. If I was to cut out refined sugar, could I have honey to sweeten things instead? This is really going to be difficult; I can see myself buying lots of dried fruit products!

Posted Wed 6 Jun 2018 17.46 by Lou

Sugar is the hardest and I’m sure it plays a part in my flare ups.. I use date syrup or maple syrup mostly. I bake and there are some great low carb/sugar vegan recipes on google for those sweetie cravings. Also fruit berries with granola is nice baked as a crumble.

To take part, sign in or register with us