Any link between psoriasis and M.E. ?

Posted Tue 8 May 2018 08.56 by Aurora
I have had a patch of psoriasis on top of my foot for over 10 years.I used to think it was athlete's foot.Now I seem to have developed psori

Hello , Is there anybody there who has both psoriasis and M.E , or the chronic fatigue syndrome ?I know that the latter is difficult to define and diagnose but bouts of extreme tiredness/weakness seem to be the major characteristic. I have had Hashimoto's for three decades followed by psoriasis which is,luckily to me,confined to my feet and palms of hands -where it is very aggressive at times. I have suffered from bouts of fatigue over perhaps 8-10 years and it has been getting gradually worse.The extreme tiredness is not eased by sleep or rest.While I'm coming up to a "big birthday - 60,eek! - this surely is not normal - friends of my age or older are busying themselves. I would be grateful to receive any response.Thank you.

Posted Tue 8 May 2018 09.56 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Have you consulted a doctor about this? There are several well understood medical/physical conditions that can cause persistent fatigue, and not only ME.

Posted Tue 8 May 2018 11.36 by Aurora
I have had a patch of psoriasis on top of my foot for over 10 years.I used to think it was athlete's foot.Now I seem to have developed psori

Thanks for replying.My GP thinks that the the thyroid problem,psoriasis and moderate depression could be all contributing to my tiredness. Yet all of these conditions are being managed by medication but my fatigue is getting gradually worse to the point that I can only work a couple of hours in the morning,then need to sleep for hours and my social life has become nearly non-existent due to being simply too weak and tired to go out in the evening.My diet is healthy,I don't smoke or drink alcohol.I also have tried to take my medications at different times of the day but this has no impact.

To take part, sign in or register with us