Looking for friends with psoriasis

Posted Sat 12 May 2018 11.13 by Mestalla

Hello! I am a 23 years old male from Norway. Have been struggling with psoriasis the last 7 years. I do not know anyone in Norway with psoriasis, and we have not forums like this. At the moment am using benepali, and that worked great the first 8 months, but have worked less great after that. I like watch movies, exercise and be togheter with my family and friends. Someday psoriasis makes me quite sad, and I think it would help me if I could have a friend, or two that feel the same. Probably I could help you too. Nichlas

Posted Sat 12 May 2018 13.22 by OhNo_NotAgain?

here is a facebook group just recently started by a few of the forum members: https://m.facebook.com/groups/375000316315644 It is quite new, so I don't know how wide the membership is. But it might be a start. By the way, I am 60 years okd. I came out in plaque psoriasis on the day after my 22nd birthday while in my final year at university, and I had it all over my body, face and scalp, and it itched like mad. I was precribed a coal-tar based gunk that softened it and eased the itching for a short time. After games of rugby the plaques on my torso would be raw and bleeding from the rubbing of my rugby shirt. Immediately after finishing university I went on a holiday and after a couple of weeks in the sun and swimming in the sea, and no more exams, it started to clear up slightly. A couple of months later I got a full-time job in the oil industry and went to Indonesia to live and work. The hours were long and the job was sressful, but I was in the sun quite a lot. Nine months later it had almost completely disappeared. Sunlight seems to have a positive effect for many sufferers. I am assuming that you must have arthritis to have been prescribed benepali, so I don't know if that will reduce or go away in the same way that psoriasis on the skin can do. I can only wish you all the best.

Posted Mon 21 May 2018 21.15 by Jennifer.24

Hello! Completely knew to the Psoriasis assocation. I've suffered with Psoriasis now for nearly 19 years. I was 9 when it first appeared. I have always had sereve and qidely spread Psoriasis and have tried every treatment under the sun. However, the last few years I have been trying to manage my Psoriasis with the GP by using ointment. Unfortunately this hasn't worked so well and I am now seeing a Dermotolgist again. Theres a long family history of Psoriasis in my family so I've always had a lot of support. However, my Psoriasis isn't like my families. This is the first time I've really reached out to anyone with Psoriasis so maybe I can provide some support and make some friends on return.

Posted Fri 1 Jun 2018 19.04 by Monikapi

Hi Nichlas I have been suffering from psoriasis for about 10 years now. My name is Monika. It's been a constant battle. Tried everything nothing worked. Now it's summer which I hate as there is less options to cover up. I'm thinking about changing my diet completely. It is an autoimmune disease so maybe healing my gut will help. You're not alone keep up all the best

Posted Sun 3 Jun 2018 18.50 by zer0her0
Had since early teens,I endure not suffer !

Had 'IT' since teens. Now 56 & also have the double hit of having Rosecea !! Happy to chat with anyone.

Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 10.24 by nikki101

Hi Nichlas, I am 22 years old and have suffered with psoriasis since I was 5 years old so I completely understand what you're going through. Here if you want to chat Nikki

Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 15.37 by ClearskinPls
Since 2001, tried uvb and creams

Good olive oil and a good digestion regime helps me

Posted Mon 11 Jun 2018 21.58 by janedh

Hi Nicholas, I have joined this site as my daughter who lives in Paris has P, she told me today that it is at its worst ever, she is 29 yo and has quite a stressful job., she is sporty and has a good alimentation. Looking for ideas, comments and reading up about it helps. I like the one about eating blueberries :) Here too as your comments all help, Thanks Jane

Posted Tue 12 Jun 2018 13.42 by wendyloish

Hi everyone, I am new, and I am old. I got psoriasis at 17, and since I have developed other things (including the rosacea mentioned by zerohero in my 40s). Now I have psoriatic arthritis (I am 71). Try taking vitamin D capsules! The UV works because it starts a cascade which produced vitamin D. The UV produces a precursor from cholesterol in the skin, and that goes to the liver where is is converted to cholecalciferol. That is what is in the capsules, so you can shortcircuit the need for sunlight in the northern winter. This cholecalciferol is then converted to the used hormone by the kidneys. I suggest also cutting gluten and dairy out of your diet, and see if this helps. You should knoe pretty quickly if it does. It certainly has helped me. wendyloish

Posted Mon 23 May 2022 15.01 by Edchef

Hi everyone Interesting point made by Wendyloish I've often wondered if I should cut out certain food groups like Dairy and wheat

To take part, sign in or register with us