Tried them all

Posted Sun 20 May 2018 21.03 by Busyphil

Hi all I'm 63 had psoriasis since I was 7 at times really bad only once was I am inpatient over the years I have used ----- Coal tar Sun lamp (the old one bulb type) Dithro cream (turned all your bedding purple) Betnovate Alphysol tar ointment and shampoo E45 Vaseline Baby oil Centraben Eumovate A brown smelly ointment for the scalp that stunk Lots of bath emulants Dovenex dovobet In the TARDIS the light therapy Locoid cream As the saying goes been there tried them all Which worked the best was dithro cream 3 weeks all gone but nowadays all they will give you is dovobet I was in gp Fri and my arms won't clear up best advice was Eumovate for a week then back to dovobet he says that's all they recommend now I believe dovonex can now be bought . For the scalp tar shampoos work well but at my age I get Betacap What I find helps is not to drink alcohol as it dehyrades I take a castor oil tablet and what really helps is an evening primrose oil tablet it sort of helps to moisturise from the inside . I have battled it and only once lost time at work with it I am a engineer a hard job but it keeps me going . I of course now have arthritis but they say not psoriatic just osteoporosis I am currently on the list for a new knee. It is noticeable when I have a steroid injection my psoriasis eases . During sex nothing better than a massage with baby oil while you are relaxed it seems to improve and of course your partner can cope with you better and of course it's fun . Bubble bath help radox do a few moisturise one's I never like the light treatment nothing better than natural sunlight although it's now hard to find any light treatment hospital don't have them now seems only a joint gp in a local clinic have one . Hope there is something useful here please add to it but the main thing is not to get stressed . Phil

To take part, sign in or register with us